Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One....Business Card Now REPORTING ON PERSONAL FILE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitol One....Business Card Now REPORTING ON PERSONAL FILE

What does anyone know about capitol one reporting a credit card obtained by a legimate company with a tax id ein #.

I have had this card over a year and it never reported on my personal credit file until yesterday.  I have a balance with a 0% rate for another 6months that my business was utilizing.   I called Cap one and one of their snappy agents told me as of oct 1st they are reporting business cards to the personal user

consumer credit file nothing she could do or anyone else.... I demanded to speak to someone regarding this and after 10 minutes on hold transfered to a lady that filed a correction report saying ther were no garantees it would come off my consumer report.     Hello is this legal.........I was under the assumption that the only time business cards could go to the personal was if they were in default by the company and were going after the personal Garantour..........Any insight to this would be appreciated......By the way I am current on this account and plan to pay it off when the 0 % offer ends.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Capitol One....Business Card Now REPORTING ON PERSONAL FILE

There's a thread about this, someone will post a link in a minute or two probably.

They did it to me, too.  Did you take the 18mo at 0% deal?  I'm in the exact same spot.

I made a large payment on the account just before the statement cut, otherwise I woulda been killed scorewise, especially knowing that I've got to rack up another large expense here pretty soon.

You've got lots of company, FICO750.  BTW, the notice about this was printed on your last statement.

Edit:  Here's the thread on this

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 10-28-2009 04:22 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.