Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Credit Steps

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Capitol One Credit Steps

Thanks jev.

When you folk got your confirmation from Cap1, was the term "credit steps' used?  Or, did it simply say something like "Make your first 5 monthly payments on time to gain access to a higher credit limit. "?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 11 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I got it on 6th statement. From 500-3500. Now yo 5500. In exactly 1 year. 

What spending and paying behaviour did you have after opening the card?

Keep in mind i only had 500 limit. so i would max that puppy out 2 times a month. meaning. i had to pay in full or make multiple payments. example . if i ran 300 thru. it sometimes 2 days later. i would pay 200 of it right away. so i could use it again. i would do it over and over. and at end of month. i would always have a balance. couple hundred dollars. but i did that for 6 months. and cap one rewarded. as in my credit steps letter they said i would get another 250. if i completed it. so you can see how surprised i was when it was 3k. after that. you must ask for increase every 6 months. from your last one. and it will continue to grow. i don't use it  much anymore now. even at 5500. as i have many more cards now. as you can see from siggy below. but, i stil put spend on it as to keep cap one happy.

Message 12 of 17
TheFate
Established Contributor

6th statement and went only from $300 to $500 but was my mistake as I was still learning about utilization and used 50% which probably red flagged my account. Since then i have went from $500 to $3,500 and $3,500 to $6,500 in just 1 year and half

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just upgraded my card, but where is this love button that everyone speaks of? Will it be right on your main page?

Message 14 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just upgraded my card, but where is this love button that everyone speaks of? Will it be right on your main page?

Luv button is terminology we use. it is not actually a button. its the credit line increase section. for cap one. log in. go to account. at top. you will see where it says request credit line increase. follow info and boom. submit. that is the luv button. if they will show you some luv or not. if they don't you will get message. we will call you. hehehe. or they do. you will have your increase. like following. caponeincrease.PNG

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcah! Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card in November.  $1k starting limit.  I requested an increase in February.  I went from $1k to $3k.  My statement for steps should have cut a few days ago but it hasn't.  I still don't know what my steps increase is.  I do know they did a soft pull in April from all 3 CRA's.  I will post back as soon as they cut my statement.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.