Capitol One EO Preparation

tag
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Re: Capitol One EO Preparation

@kkapdolee wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

They didn't ask me anything about income or assets actually, which surprised me. I explained to the rep that I had other accounts and cards that were more than happy to approve me for "prime" limits, while Capital One seems to pigeon hole me in the average credit category

My guess is that they don't really have a system that graduates starter cards to prime cards over time and that these requests handled through the executive office are a fairly new thing for them to deal with. 

Sorry you didn't get the right EO person...Bad move by CAP1

But they have been handling request through the EO for almost 2 years and as a matter of fact I spoke with them this morning for my 2nd attempt for 2 CLI's as well as change my 1.5% rewards to 2%

My first resulted in 2 accounts being doubled in March of this year 

Just my thoughts but you should try again maybe you'll get a better trained rep 

Good luck 

For which card are you asking to be changed from 1.5% rewards to 2%? QuickSilver? Is such a thing possible?

I'd like to know as well. O:

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 11 of 21
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

They said I will keep no annual fee with the card, but she mentioned that because they were able to approve a partial increase no reasons for why I didn't get the full increase were given. 

I'm basically SDing the card anyways, so I'm not overly concerned. This makes me want to never ap-ply for a prime card with Cap One, their customer service and polices aren't upto par with other lenders 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 12 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Putting the request in for manual review is SOP. They will call you back with the good or bad news.

Fingers crossed!
Message 13 of 21
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Do you know how long it usually takes for the callback?

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 14 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 21
Brownsugar0415

Is it possible any one can send me the Eo email or phone number for capital one. I hit the love button and got a 10 day reply would like to call or email eo. Thanks in advance
Message 16 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

They didn't ask me anything about income or assets actually, which surprised me. I explained to the rep that I had other accounts and cards that were more than happy to approve me for "prime" limits, while Capital One seems to pigeon hole me in the average credit category

My guess is that they don't really have a system that graduates starter cards to prime cards over time and that these requests handled through the executive office are a fairly new thing for them to deal with. 

Sorry you didn't get the right EO person...Bad move by CAP1

But they have been handling request through the EO for almost 2 years and as a matter of fact I spoke with them this morning for my 2nd attempt for 2 CLI's as well as change my 1.5% rewards to 2%

My first resulted in 2 accounts being doubled in March of this year 

Just my thoughts but you should try again maybe you'll get a better trained rep 

Good luck 

For which card are you asking to be changed from 1.5% rewards to 2%? QuickSilver? Is such a thing possible?

Sorry just getting back to you don't know how I missed this question

It was a cash rewards recently converted to quicksilver this month by Cap1 and that card I requested 2x miles 

So essentially I'd like to change that to the venture card point structure you never know until you ask and I seem to remember one such case 

The other card is a sparks business which I requested be bumped from 1% to 2% 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Questions they will ask 

Income

Assets

Rent or mortgage payment

Amount of CLI and will you accept a lesser sum

+1.   Pretty much in that exact order last 3 times I've spoke to them.  

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 18 of 21
RainaB13
New Contributor

I asked Cap 1 to change my regular Platinum MC to a Quicksilver card & they did without a hp.
My score went from 575 to 770 in 4 1/2 months (information I got from my credit union. ) Starting out, I didn't know about inquiry damage. Of course I knew about paying on time & in full but not usage.
Initially they told me my limit would be staying at $300, but, when my card arrived my limit was $800. They have raised all 3 of my cards cl's by $500. 1 of them started as a HSBC card. I am trying to upgrade it to a cb card now. Go to their site, hit accounts then offers or services. I called & the service rep guided me through it. That's how I got 2 of my cli's. For my Quicksilver card, they checked if I was preapproved. Even though you are, you have to check. They don't notify you or do it automatically. At least they never have with me. When my score went up I checked. They are the only bank, I know of, that does it this way. I don't know what will happen with card #3 since I have both their cb cards. The one with the $1250 limit, I got when my score was low but it was always a cb card, they I don't remember the original limit, probably about &400. Now it's $1250. Not alot compared to Disc at $1900 & Barclay's & my CU Visa rewards at $5000 ea. My combined credit is about $25,000. I started with a Cap1 Rewards with a $400 cl & then they added a MC with a $300 cl. I'm hoping they will combine my no rewards card with my Quicksilver card.
That's how I did it. Good luck!
Message 19 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RainaB13 wrote:
I asked Cap 1 to change my regular Platinum MC to a Quicksilver card & they did without a hp.
My score went from 575 to 770 in 4 1/2 months (information I got from my credit union. ) Starting out, I didn't know about inquiry damage. Of course I knew about paying on time & in full but not usage.
Initially they told me my limit would be staying at $300, but, when my card arrived my limit was $800. They have raised all 3 of my cards cl's by $500. 1 of them started as a HSBC card. I am trying to upgrade it to a cb card now. Go to their site, hit accounts then offers or services. I called & the service rep guided me through it. That's how I got 2 of my cli's. For my Quicksilver card, they checked if I was preapproved. Even though you are, you have to check. They don't notify you or do it automatically. At least they never have with me. When my score went up I checked. They are the only bank, I know of, that does it this way. I don't know what will happen with card #3 since I have both their cb cards. The one with the $1250 limit, I got when my score was low but it was always a cb card, they I don't remember the original limit, probably about &400. Now it's $1250. Not alot compared to Disc at $1900 & Barclay's & my CU Visa rewards at $5000 ea. My combined credit is about $25,000. I started with a Cap1 Rewards with a $400 cl & then they added a MC with a $300 cl. I'm hoping they will combine my no rewards card with my Quicksilver card.
That's how I did it. Good luck!

Capital One will not combine accounts or CLs, even the EO channel will be unable to do this - just FYI.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.