Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Capitol One

If cleaned up mostly all my credit issues from my time in college. I was wondering what's a good low interest credit card to start over with to build my rating back up. Not looking to use it alot just small things. I heard Capitol one had a card like this but I don't recall the name. Any input or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capitol One

@Jpmack29 wrote:
If cleaned up mostly all my credit issues from my time in college. I was wondering what's a good low interest credit card to start over with to build my rating back up. Not looking to use it alot just small things. I heard Capitol one had a card like this but I don't recall the name. Any input or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the forum

You won't find a lot of low interest rate cards on the market and definitely not CAP1.

I recommend if your looking for low rates consider CU's =credit unions.

Something else to consider since your charging small amounts PIF=pay in full 

By doing this it doesn't matter what interest rate the card of your choice is and you can still benefit from cash back or miles rewards programs.

To help you with card idea's we would need more info

Any baddies?

AAoA =average age of accounts?

INQ"s=inquires?

Do you have any card s now and if so what type of limits?

UTL=utilization ....if you have cards now?

Note: I will also ask that your post be moved to the CC forum for better results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Thank you, I'm not sure how to move this post. Not many baddies, maybe 3-4 sent to collections since been resolved. Only minor things, age all non older then 5 years I believe. No cards now. Only 2 inquiry's in like 2 1/2 or more years. I preferred to handle things cash while in college. Just looking for really any card to start back with.

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jpmack29 wrote:
Thank you, I'm not sure how to move this post. I requested for MOD's to move you and I can't  Smiley Happy
Not many baddies, maybe 3-4 sent to collections since been resolved. Are they still on your CR's and if so what are they ..paid / aged off...etc?
Only minor things, age all non older then 5 years I believe. No cards now. What is on your CR's cars,home etc?
Only 2 inquiry's in like 2 1/2 or more years. This is great so you have no INQ's they only stay on CR's for 2 years 
I preferred to handle things cash while in college. Just looking for really any card to start back with.

Based on the above answers I can make some suggestions

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 9
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

A car, a small stupid stuff I let go. Just miscellaneous stuff. Last time I checked not much on my cr. all paid or aged out correct.

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jpmack29 wrote:
A car, a small stupid stuff I let go. Just miscellaneous stuff. Last time I checked not much on my cr. all paid or aged out correct.

Welcome to the CC forum

I'm going to bump you to the top for more opinions now to better help you good luck

You may want to tell them of the highlighted area because it's important that we know everything on CR's to increase your chances of approval

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

maybe to get started a secured card from either bofa, wells, SDFCU...or if your credit can't support those, capital one secured (or partial secured)...since you don't have a cc atm i would go that route...grab maybe 1 or 2 secured cards...then after 6 months try out for unsecured cc's like discover it or any of the GE cards (wally world, paypal, etc). hope this helps Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Do you currently have any open cc's on your cr? If so, with whom?
Message 8 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@lexie...op says no cards Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.