cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol one step up program Venture card?

tag
team_audi
Valued Member

Capitol one step up program Venture card?

Anyone know if my 10k limit venture would qualify for the step up program? Are there any cards that program excludes? 

Starting Score: 571
Current Score: 641
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Capitol one step up program Venture card?

@team_audi wrote:

Anyone know if my 10k limit venture would qualify for the step up program? Are there any cards that program excludes? 

If you are talking aout Capital One's "Credit Steps" program, that is reserved for their sub-prime cards (low starting limts, usually with AF's). Venture and Quicksilver are NOT starter cards and neither is a $10k starting CL. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS is debatable but Venture is definitely not a CreditSteps card.
Message 3 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO QS-1 could go either way depending on where you are in the Capital One "players game", but the standard QS is no AF and typically a Visa Signature which would be considered "prime" - and yes I know that Cap-1 issues so many different flavors of QuickSilver's that its hard to make an absolute statement.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the highest SL on a Credit Steps card was 2-3K.

Credit Steps is usually on Secured, Platinum, QS1. Occasionally you'll hear of someone having a QS on credit steps but I want to say those had been PC'd from a platinum or the poster just didn't mention the "one". I don't know if I've ever heard of a VentureOne on Credit Steps.

Now, this isn't to say that you can't get a CLI at 5-7 months, you're just going to have to request it most likely. It isn't going to be automatic (most likely).
Message 5 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think the Qs is debatable. as well. but if it started as a qs1. no doubt it can be in credit steps. if upgraded to qs. from qs1. then a person is already out of credit steps at that point.

Message 6 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

In theatres today - Step Up 27 - The Cap1 Ad-VENTURE 

You just got served Smiley Tongue 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

In theatres today - Step Up 27 - The Cap1 Ad-VENTURE 

You just got served Smiley Tongue 

LOL.. That was funnySmiley Tongue

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dh was invited and applied for the no AF Quicksilver. He's in credit steps since his sl was $300. I'm surprised he was even approved since he does have a $1500 Charge off from Capital One in 2013 & 12 unpaid medical collections that reported in 2014.

Message 9 of 17
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My QS Visa was auto-enrolled in Credit Steps.  But I'm in a sepreate part of Crap1's system filed in their "screw em over" database so I wouldn't put too much stock in anything they do with my account. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.