Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol one upgrade in mail

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Capitol one upgrade in mail

Hey guys...I guys..i got a preapproved offer from cap one..to upgrade my platinum card to a venture card.....no annual fee....paying $59 a year now....worth the upgrade?....card i have now offers no perks...says on the letter that no credit pull....same account info...will all stay the same....

What should i do...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capitol one upgrade in mail

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Hey guys...I guys..i got a preapproved offer from cap one..to upgrade my platinum card to a venture card.....no annual fee....paying $59 a year now....worth the upgrade?....card i have now offers no perks...says on the letter that no credit pull....same account info...will all stay the same....

What should i do...

Does the Venture card fit your spening patterns???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capitol one upgrade in mail

Well let's see... you're paying a $59 AF now and getting nothing by way of rewards for it. You can PC to a Venture and still pay the $59, but you'll get 2% back if used towards travel purchases, or 1% back if you take your miles as cash. So yes, I'd say it's worth it.

FWIW, I was able to PC mine last December, and I've been nothing but happy with the change.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.