Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captial One Promotion

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Captial One Promotion

I REALLY wish I knew how their tiers worked -- I mean REALLY understand them.  I got a CLI yesterday w/o mentioning #1 anything, tho I did mention that I wanted to BT off the Cap1 card.

I just don't understand this company.  My card is the basic Cap1 Plat MC w/ a $19 AF. I don't really care about the AF since I don't plan on paying it more than 1x.  (I got this card to purchase house stuff w/o paying any INT.)  I know I've said it before, but it looked like I started w/ the max cli for the card and now I get an increase.  What IS my ceiling???  Any Cap1 CSRs lurking, please PM me.

TIA!

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peas, just call the back door number. They'll tell you. Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its time for me to call cap1   i want int.rate dropped!  I have had the card over 10 years @ 19%........I get transfer offers %0  for 6 months  but thats all.  The only time I use it now is for temp. transfers.
Message 23 of 28
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Sylviatob wrote:
Peas, just call the back door number. They'll tell you. Smiley Happy

I did ask about it when I called on Sunday -- even tho the guy gave me $$$ he didn't share what my ceiling was -- which was my whole point in calling!  LOL

Oh well, I'll try again after this CLI has settled a bit.

TY Syl!

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a Cap one CSR here but, I know when I called C1 twice on Sunday to ask abut the ceiling (called the same number we were calling for the CLI) on both occasions, the reps had NO IDEA of what I was talking about.  They both supposedly spoke with supervisors about it. Neither could/would say that there was any type of ceiling at all.  The last woman I spoke to, who als told me that the dept. was new, said that perhaps ceilings were something C1 had in the past, but that as far as she knows, they do not exist now. 

No matter how I re-explained the ceilings and how I was told by numerous people that they exists, neither lady believed they did.  So either they are doing away with it or the people were so new that they really have no idea about them.  I do not get the impression they were lying.  The seemed ginuinely ignorant of the ceilings.

Someone here mentioned the account reviews at 30 day intervals.  II spoke with a total of 3 reps on Sunday and they all kept talking about offers available to me.  This makes me think that there is a constant checking of people's accounts and based on usage in the time period the software determines for what someone is eligible.  My card is a gas/groceries/prescription rewards card and that is ALL I use if for and use it EVERYTIME I am buying these things.  Cap 1 has told me from the start that if I want CLI, use the card! 

I think that even for those of us who did not actually get this letter, but got the CLI, there might have been a letter on the way... perhaps it would have come at that 90 day mark (which I was first told that it would), but just so happens that I asked for it on Sunday and it was already available to me  based on usage... so I got it.  I will see in a few weeks if that 90 day CLI is still available to me.

I wanted to sock drawer all my cards pretty much for the next 4 months and just make payments to increase my FICO, but I doubt that will get me anywhere with Cap1 so, I will use the card maybe pay 50.00  a month on the thing and whatever extra amount I would normally have paid on it, I will put towards another card like HSBC, which is not trying to give ANY CLIs... and I will see if those CLIs continue to come from CAP1.  This way, CAP1 get's used, keeps a balance, and I still pay about $400 a month to decrease my utilization.  I will see what happens with CAP1 and FICO over the next 4 months of doing this.

Message Edited by RecoveringMyLife on 03-25-2008 05:25 AM

Message Edited by RecoveringMyLife on 03-25-2008 05:32 AM
Message 25 of 28
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

RecoveringMyLife wrote:
Not a Cap one CSR here but, I know when I called C1 twice on Sunday to ask abut the ceiling (called the same number we were calling for the CLI) on both occasions, the reps had NO IDEA of what I was talking about.  They both supposedly spoke with supervisors about it. Neither could/would say that there was any type of ceiling at all.  The last woman I spoke to, who als told me that the dept. was new, said that perhaps ceilings were something C1 had in the past, but that as far as she knows, they do not exist now. 

No matter how I re-explained the ceilings and how I was told by numerous people that they exists, neither lady believed they did.  So either they are doing away with it or the people were so new that they really have no idea about them.  I do not get the impression they were lying.  The seemed ginuinely ignorant of the ceilings.

EXACTLY -- My CSR was like "huh?" when I asked about the ceiling.  He immediately dismissed it and said, no, want 750?  Perhaps it was in the past, perhaps our sub-prime'ish cards aren't as sub-prime as we thougth and well..  perhaps it's better that I don't know the actual ceiling!

Smiley Happy

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 26 of 28
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I never got the letter myself about the promotion.  The only thing I've gotten from Capital One in the mail lately is a 30k auto loan offer Smiley Indifferent  But with Cap One, you may notice on your CR that they do a LOAD of "soft pulls". That's their software compiling info on your history.  The CSR that I spoke with said that the best thing you can do to get CLI's and upgrades is to swipe the card.  What most people don't realize is this:  If you have a 2k limit that shows a 0 balance and you've only ever used 500 of it, you are not going to get the same credit score or consideration for upgrades as the person who has the same 2k card, with a 0 balance and a reporting high balance of 1800.  Bottom line, the CCC's like it when you use all of your CL and repay it, so does your credit score!! 
 Smiley Wink
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHAHAH.  Thinking of this auto loan offer, I believe that it was actually such an offer that got me on track to credit repair.  Now, I had never really looked at my credit /scores after bankruptcy in 03 until very recently.  In my city, there is a car dealer known for giving car loans to almost anyone.  Almost 2 years ago I was triving a 15 year old car, which I loved to no end, check engine light had been on for weeks and I was driving on fumes until the next pay day. 

A friend of mine had just bought a new car and was encouraging me to do the same.  Of course, I knew there was NO way I was going to be approved for anything and I simply did not have the money for a downpayment.  For days, I had been getting strong feelings to go to my P.O. box.  When I did, I had this same 30k auto loan. 

At first, I thought it was a scam, but then figured if it were Cap 1, maybe it was legit.  I mean really, who would offer ME any type of loan?  The only problem is that I had to buy from a specific dealer that was about an hour away from me and did not sell the type of car that I wanted.  On the phone the guy recommends this lesser make I should consider and I was like NO!    Mind you, I had no money, no credit and a car that was barely making it everyday, but I had to right to be a snob. 

So one day, after slinking out of a Toyota dealership with nothing but wishful thinking, I stopped at this othe dealer just to check out the make/model up close.  I had $12.00 in the bank and $6.00 in my pocket.  I got this pretty flamboyant sales guy who followed me around making fun of me when I told him  that I was not there to buy a car, just to  LOOK  more closely at one.  I told him about the offer I had back at home and how I had to use it at a particular dealership.

Well, there were other things that happen over the next 2 hours that simply could not have been a coincidence including my litterally walking into a car with exactly ALL of the features I wanted in the color I wanted; everything BUT the make.  The sales guy told me to take the car for a test drive and I went home to get the offer from Cap1.

When I got back the sales man started bragging about how he could accept the offer and blah blah blah blah.  I essentially told him he was full of it right about the same time the famous, millionaire dealership owner walks by and says hello.  I told the sales guy, "I am going to ask him myself!"  He begs me not to, but I went up to the guy, show him the offer from Cap1 and say, "This guy is telling me that you will honor this offer for another dealership."  He reads over it, points to the car and says to the salesman,
"She wants this car?  Get her into this car!"  Then walks away.  The saleman shrugged and said, "You heard what he said, you want it, it is yours!"  After being there for hours, I was still too scared and not convinced enough to say "Yes."  I told the guy I would think on it and come back tomorrow.

The next day, I drove off in a 2006 car, with no money down, not a great rate, but an ok one with a loan from the car dealership itself because although I originally had gotten the offer from Cap1 a few weeks before and actually had gotten ANOTHER in the mail after all of this, the finance guy said Cap 1 actually DENIED the auto loan, but per the owner's words, they made sure I got the car loan!  Looking back, I think I would have gotten it anyway since they were trying to break a sales record.

The details of that story boggled the hell out of my mind for MONTHS.  I mean, when I say that one of the deciding factors in my actually taking the car was that I really did not have money to put gas in my tank, that lets you know how dire my financial situation was!  I went from a car that was bare-bones (did not even come with FM radio when I bought it) to a car with air, power everything, airbags.... I did not even know how to roll down the windows and lock the doors.  Some kids at the dealership had to teach me how to operate things!  Smiley Very Happy

When we were all calling Cap1 this past weekend and posting about all of the luck we were having, it dawned on me that nearly 2 years ago, even with declining me, it was Cap1 that got me on the road to credit building.  It was a few months after having the auto loan, that I started getting offers for cards like Orchard.  It took a year before I took Orchard up on its offer.  A few months later, pre approvals from HSBC Disc. Network, these forums, and a much clearer idea of how to rebuild. 

Hmmmm anyone believe in coincidences?  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by RecoveringMyLife on 03-25-2008 07:15 PM
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.