Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captiol One hasn't updated.

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Captiol One hasn't updated.

Hi all, I did a balance transfer from Capitol One to Chase back in July but it is still showing that money is owed.  Of course it is raising my utilization since Chase is also showing the amount is owed to them. Should I call Capitol One?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Captiol One hasn't updated.

@cjane1 wrote:

Hi all, I did a balance transfer from Capitol One to Chase back in July but it is still showing that money is owed.  Of course it is raising my utilization since Chase is also showing the amount is owed to them. Should I call Capitol One?

Yes you should call them.  It shouldn't and doesn't take over a month for a BT to be recorded on either end.

Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

When did the BT process?  When does your CO account report?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One always seems slow to report, for me at least.  On my QS card I frequently make $2000-2500 in purchases, and PIF.  Typically seems like a statement or two cuts before it actually reports as paid on my reports.  Currently at a zero balance since August 14th, still reporting a $2300 balance on my reports.

Message 4 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One always seems slow to report, for me at least.  On my QS card I frequently make $2000-2500 in purchases, and PIF.  Typically seems like a statement or two cuts before it actually reports as paid on my reports.  Currently at a zero balance since August 14th, still reporting a $2300 balance on my reports.

My statement date is the 9th, my QS always reports on the 12th...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

Report to CB and show up on line is different things.
I would more concerned you transfer from wrong account, thus paid someone else's debt.
When i do transfer to and from Cap1 , they are very quick, usually 2 -3 days
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 7
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I did the BT in July, I would think it would quit reporting the balance since I no longer have a balance with them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.