Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car CC?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Car CC?

Not sure which forum to put this in: Auto Loans, CC, CC Apps.

I was wondering when you apply for a car loan and they automatically sign you up for their card without you knowing. What do you do? What can you do? Is it another HP?

I read a few threads of companies doing that and just thought its so rude. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Car CC?

@Skye12329 wrote:

Not sure which forum to put this in: Auto Loans, CC, CC Apps.

I was wondering when you apply for a car loan and they automatically sign you up for their card without you knowing. What do you do? What can you do? Is it another HP?

I read a few threads of companies doing that and just thought its so rude. 

Someone can correct me if Im wrong but I think on like page 8 of the financial papaerwork that goes along with buying a car, that you just gave them permission to do that in some way shape or form by signing your name to the finalcial contract.  I could be wrong, but Ive read of this happening and telling you what that person was told as well. Im sure someone else with more experience will chime in....

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

When I just bought my Lexus well leased it a few days ago, they actually gave me the option to opt out of the other stuff like CC's being lexus visa etc where I just signed the opt out form of other products.  I know they have indeed jammed credit cards down people at time of financing though from other dealerships.. One person on this forum got major AA from chase due to this and took him a month or so to get his CC restored with Chase after the BMW dealership was contacted by him saying he didn't give them persmission to open the account which he didnt and they agreed to remove the TL and inquiry... 

I did get physical documents, but distantly remember the finance person being very cool with me and saying show me a form of what I am signing is opting me out of any other offers from them extended warranty/tire and wheel/cc's etc...  Was a first for me and I have bought quite a few cars.

Message 3 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

When I just bought my Lexus well leased it a few days ago, they actually gave me the option to opt out of the other stuff like CC's being lexus visa etc where I just signed the opt out form of other products.  I know they have indeed jammed credit cards down people at time of financing though from other dealerships.. One person on this forum got major AA from chase due to this and took him a month or so to get his CC restored with Chase after the BMW dealership was contacted by him saying he didn't give them persmission to open the account which he didnt and they agreed to remove the TL and inquiry... 

I did get physical documents, but distantly remember the finance person being very cool with me and saying show me a form of what I am signing is opting me out of any other offers from them extended warranty/tire and wheel/cc's etc...  Was a first for me and I have bought quite a few cars.

I remember that, if i recall but could be totally wrong but i think it was Enharu? I still think its wrong because i feel like the dealer could just hide the information from you. I mean who reads all the T&C?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I remember that, if i recall but could be totally wrong but i think it was Enharu? I still think its wrong because i feel like the dealer could just hide the information from you. I mean who reads all the T&C?

100% correct on the name Smiley Happy...  Not many people would spend another 7 hours or so reading all the paperwork after negotiating and what not for the first 4 hours lol.. I just skim before I sign, but the big contracts really such I just try to read the key points and ask the Finance person what I am about to sign and point out of fact of each paper I am going to sign or give a overview of it then skim it for myself.. I can think of 1 billions things I rather do then car shop as it is probably one of the least pleasurable things I can ever imagine doing on a day off.. Other people love it, sick people out there! 

Message 5 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

100% correct on the name Smiley Happy...  Not many people would spend another 7 hours or so reading all the paperwork after negotiating and what not for the first 4 hours lol.. I just skim before I sign, but the big contracts really such I just try to read the key points and ask the Finance person what I am about to sign and point out of fact of each paper I am going to sign or give a overview of it then skim it for myself.. I can think of 1 billions things I rather do then car shop as it is probably one of the least pleasurable things I can ever imagine doing on a day off.. Other people love it, sick people out there! 

Im nervous to go car shopping. Mainly because i feel those car salesman are out for blood, they can sense im weak Smiley Tongue

No but really i just feel like they try to take advantage of people, now if i was to get a loan from my CU would i still have to sign paperwork that included a CC or is the paperwork primarily for the loan?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Im nervous to go car shopping. Mainly because i feel those car salesman are out for blood, they can sense im weak Smiley Tongue

No but really i just feel like they try to take advantage of people, now if i was to get a loan from my CU would i still have to sign paperwork that included a CC or is the paperwork primarily for the loan?

Would defffinetly still have to sign stuff, just not as much... As to what, I am not an expert on that, but can whip out all my paperwork while at work tomorrow and scan the 50 pages for you Smiley Happy..  

Message 7 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would defffinetly still have to sign stuff, just not as much... As to what, I am not an expert on that, but can whip out all my paperwork while at work tomorrow and scan the 50 pages for you Smiley Happy..  

screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.png

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why you get a loan from a CU ahead of time.  Then the dealer doesn't even get to run your credit.  Lower APR and no mystery credit card!

Message 9 of 12
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why you get a loan from a CU ahead of time.  Then the dealer doesn't even get to run your credit.  Lower APR and no mystery credit card!

I bought a truck in Dec, financed it thru my CU and this month I got a preapproval from FBO for their Ram Card......LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.