Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car rental insurance offered by cards

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: Car rental insurance offered by cards

Thanks for all the replies.  Longtimelurker this was actually at Enterprise. I usually don't have any problems with them & this was the first they have ever said that. He was also pushing for me to purchase the gas in tank I never do though I know some people will out of convenience. I get 5% back anyway so it probably about evens the cost. 

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.  Longtimelurker this was actually at Enterprise. I usually don't have any problems with them & this was the first they have ever said that. He was also pushing for me to purchase the gas in tank I never do though I know some people will out of convenience. I get 5% back anyway so it probably about evens the cost. 

I usually rent (from other agencies) for business trips, this was for while my car was being repaired (I was backing out of my driveway and a parked car hit my car, OK, maybe the other way around!).  I was quite surprised at just how pushy they were on insurance and gas, guess that's a big part of their commission.  

Same with others with GPS.  I would think a lot have that on their smartphones now.

Message 12 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:

I usually rent (from other agencies) for business trips, this was for while my car was being repaired (I was backing out of my driveway and a parked car hit my car, OK, maybe the other way around!).  I was quite surprised at just how pushy they were on insurance and gas, guess that's a big part of their commission.  

Same with others with GPS.  I would think a lot have that on their smartphones now.

Oooops Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

It's pretty much a scam. They are pushing to sell you something you already have

Message 14 of 15
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

That's how I felt compassion 101
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.