Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarCareONE card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CarCareONE card???

Okay, so I am getting new tires put on the car tomorrow and the sales dude offers me a Car Care One Card application to take home and fill out in case I need help financing the tires...

Does anyone know anything about this?  

I don't think I will apply, just checking to see what the deal is.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: CarCareONE card???

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so I am getting new tires put on the car tomorrow and the sales dude offers me a Car Care One Card application to take home and fill out in case I need help financing the tires...

Does anyone know anything about this?  

I don't think I will apply, just checking to see what the deal is.

Those are issued by GE from various car repair places.  I think they may be classified as a Consumer Finance Loan which is a mild negative in FICO scoring.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 7
Guardian
Valued Contributor

It IS a GE Money backed card like Old Navy, CareCredit, LensCrafters so on and so forth but when I had it, it was good for the purpose it saved and it did not hurt me, it was considered for me as a retail card. hope it helps.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i am seriously thinking about getting one, since we are having to get so much work done on the car lately.  just going to wait til i have my (small) remaining balances paid off, so my scores will jump up a bit (not much, considering i'm only going to be going downn from about 50% on 2 cards, about $1200 total to pay down.

if you do decide to apply, please let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

i am seriously thinking about getting one, since we are having to get so much work done on the car lately.  just going to wait til i have my (small) remaining balances paid off, so my scores will jump up a bit (not much, considering i'm only going to be going downn from about 50% on 2 cards, about $1200 total to pay down.

Congrat laz on the paying down of your credit cards
Message 5 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

thank you oracles!  you know, i didn't really think i would feel much different, because i didn't consider my $2000 of debt as "carrying a lot of debt".  but i have to tell you, that it is really a great feeling!  i love being able to see the numbers in my spreadsheet go down, & eventually, POOF!  Smiley Happy

now, if only getting rid of my gf's credit card debt was going to be that easy...

Message 6 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@oracles wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

thank you oracles!  you know, i didn't really think i would feel much different, because i didn't consider my $2000 of debt as "carrying a lot of debt".  but i have to tell you, that it is really a great feeling!  i love being able to see the numbers in my spreadsheet go down, & eventually, POOF!  Smiley Happy

now, if only getting rid of my gf's credit card debt was going to be that easy...

Smiley Very Happy OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth lmao

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.