Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Apply Time..Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Apply Time..Need advice

Ok. First off thanks in advance for any help...I should be closing on my townhome by November..I was under the impression that they would be finished in January..I have my pre-approval and everything and will sign the contract in the next 2 weeks... I was planning on saving 3,000 for 4 months Oct-Jan to purchase what I need for the house and now my plans are out the window because we would move sooner than expected...

I need to get at least a 4-5,000 limit on lowes, home depot, or another appliance store.

Also need a credit card for about 6,000 for furnishings for living room and dining room. If I get 10,000 work of credit I can pay it off in about 6 months.

My scores are listed below. I expect my EQ to increase within 2 weeks to about 680-700 (utilization ia decreasing and my only late is being removed) and TU to about 650-660..EX is a lost cause. I have to wait until after closing to apply so I have about 3 months..

My income and my soon to be husband's is about 6200 per month. We would rather get the furniture within a few weeks of moving in, rather save or wait.

If you guys can advise who pulls what and the minimum score that would help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card Apply Time..Need advice

Lowes is GEMB

Home Depot is Citi

From my experience, I am in the Midwest and Lowes pulls EQ, Home Depot pulls EX.

You can check out www.whogavemecredit.com and CB has a credit pull database.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. I guess Lowes is the way to go for me.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I might have missed this in your original post; if so, my apologies, but DON'T apply for anything until the mortgage is signed, sealed, and delivered --and funded. Not only will the app and new credit hurt your scores, looking for credit at closing time will give many lenders the heebie-jeebies, to use the polite term.

PS: Home Depot usually gives higher CL's, if your score can handle it. (Yes, of course there are exceptions.) They pulled EQ for me in Tennessee, this past February. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.