Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card CLI's, any chance with my cards?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Card CLI's, any chance with my cards?

Looking to close a couple cards, maybe my citi card and bce. I would like to consolidate 5k BOA into my akair card but since they pull a TU it may make sense to ask for a cli and close if they decline? Closed my barclay, would hate to have a closed by lender on there since I was car shopping two months ago, bought used so no new accounts added just a couple of inq's.  

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Card CLI's, any chance with my cards?

@revvystoke wrote:

Looking to close a couple cards, maybe my citi card and bce. I would like to consolidate 5k BOA into my akair card but since they pull a TU it may make sense to ask for a cli and close if they decline? Closed my barclay, would hate to have a closed by lender on there since I was car shopping two months ago, bought used so no new accounts added just a couple of inq's.  

1. I would ask for a CLI on both BofA Accounts (probably online as the system may grant it instantly) then call in and have them consolidated (they will use same pull)

2. I would not close barclay out of fear of "closed by lender" 1. it doesn't effect you rather they close it or you close it from that stand point. 2. now if you don't want the card anymore then sure, close it if it's not going to hurt your util. but closing just because of possible AA from car shopping, nah.

Message 2 of 7
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

Why would you close your Barclaycard out of fear of AA? I've opened many new accounts (5) after getting my Ring (and also closed several other accounts). I pay all of my accounts in full (most before the statement cuts), and keep a UTIL of less than 2%, and I've never heard anything from them. The Barclays AA paranoia on here is WAY overblown. As long as you're responsible with your credit, you won't hear anything from them. Also, one "Closed by lender" isn't going to hurt anything if you have several accounts in good standing. And even then, it MIGHT only (but probably won't) raise an eyebrow on manual review.

As far as your BoA, will they use the same HP if you request a CLI to move your CL over?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 3 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I only wanted it to get the mileage bonus before the AA transition, I was willing to burn an inq. I tried a CLI last month with Chase, they pulled TU which the majority of my car inq's landed on, was denied due to sufficient credit. Income I used was 70k as that was close to what was on my tax return for '13. My current ai is ~130k but I didn't to use it in case they requested tax docs.

I will try my luck with BOA, I have had good luck with their recon in the past. My spouse mainly uses the other account with them as an AU.  

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

I only wanted it to get the mileage bonus before the AA transition, I was willing to burn an inq. I tried a CLI last month with Chase, they pulled TU which the majority of my car inq's landed on, was denied due to sufficient credit. Income I used was 70k as that was close to what was on my tax return for '13. My current ai is ~130k but I didn't to use it in case they requested tax docs.

I will try my luck with BOA, I have had good luck with their recon in the past. My spouse mainly uses the other account with them as an AU.  

use your income!

and BofA will pull TU also.

Message 5 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@revvystoke wrote:

use your income!

and BofA will pull TU also.

Ok, will do. 

My only balance is on my Akair card, roughly 3500 as of today, I should probably wait until I pay it off this week and give it a shot. I had a 1800 balance on my business card with them for a month or two and just got around to paying it off. 

Message 6 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I put in a CLI request on my lower limit card to 10k, was auto declined. Called the backdoor, and was approved to 10k from 5k. Since I did not use that card too much I asked to combine and close with the other card. 

I got a bonus, I think, by having them raise the limit to 10k, then closing it, and the other now reports 25k. If I am thinking correctly, that will help with util even though the account is closed correct. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.