Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Issuers, what bureaus do they check in California for applications

tag
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Card Issuers, what bureaus do they check in California for applications

Looing to app within the next month and would like any info as to which cards issuers ( specifically: discover Barclay and citi ) pull reports from which bureaus. I'm in California. And thanks ahead of time.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card Issuers, what bureaus do they check in California for applications

@cousin24 wrote:

Looing to app within the next month and would like any info as to which cards issuers ( specifically: discover Barclay and citi ) pull reports from which bureaus. I'm in California. And thanks ahead of time.

Discover pulls EQ for new accounts and TU for CLIs. Barclays pulls TU for everything. Citi pulls equifax usually and both equifax and experian on occasion. The preceding is general information and sometimes unique pulls can differ. I live in Northern CA and opened an account with each of these issuers last year and the pulls were consistent with this. 

Message 2 of 9
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cousin24 wrote:

Discover pulls EQ for new accounts and TU for CLIs. Barclays pulls TU for everything. Citi pulls equifax usually and both equifax and experian on occasion. The preceding is general information and sometimes unique pulls can differ. I live in Northern CA and opened an account with each of these issuers last year and the pulls were consistent with this. 

GREAT INFO THX!

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@cousin24 wrote:

So Barclays is TU only?  My TU is my strongest score I think, and has the least inquiries.  I know they are inquiry sensitive, but this would be so good for me.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So Barclays is TU only?  My TU is my strongest score I think, and has the least inquiries.  I know they are inquiry sensitive, but this would be so good for me.

TU only as far as I've ever seen.

Also would like to point out Barclays is new account sensitive.  I had 4 credit cards at 5 months and was denied with 690 FICO.

Reason: We'd like to see more time on your new credit cards, reapply after a full 6 months.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TU only as far as I've ever seen.

Also would like to point out Barclays is new account sensitive.  I had 4 credit cards at 5 months and was denied with 690 FICO.

Reason: We'd like to see more time on your new credit cards, reapply after a full 6 months.

I have 5 new accounts in 45 days.  No Barclays or Citi for me.  The unbearable sadness of being.  All I want is a few more cards...

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I'm at my bonus spend limit with this Marriott coming soon.  2k bonus spend while paying off my Amex will be a fun challenge for the next few months.  I'm pretty much forced to garden til May/June.

I'm wondering if Barclays will still not want me then.  Citi, too.  I'm almost forced back into Amex or Chase's arms.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditboards.com you can actually search credit pulls by state. Good luck!

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I'd also suggest the Credit Pulls Database.  You can Google or hit the site mentioned above.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.