Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card Recommendations

i'd say you are covered then. no need for anything more. just higher CL's Smiley Happy

I was torn a few months ago when I planned out my cash back calendar. But then when i actually put dollar values into the corresponding slots and calculating max cash back, it became too separated that it's not even worth it. So i'm definitely losing a percetange here and there but i get to focus my reward accumulation.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not believe they denied you for the BBR, Thats one of the cards I want to, also to get the 120 dollars back a year.

And you have a pretty amazing line up already.

the only reason I could see you really taking advantage of a new card is for a the intro 0% apr periods  for large purchases.

Why does it say Im a new visitor?

Message 12 of 26
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can not believe they denied you for the BBR, Thats one of the cards I want to, also to get the 120 dollars back a year.

And you have a pretty amazing line up already.

the only reason I could see you really taking advantage of a new card is for a the intro 0% apr periods  for large purchases.

Why does it say Im a new visitor?

nikokonto I'm having the same issue too, it bumped me to new member and i have almost 2,000 posts over the course of 4 years...

but to the OP, congrats on your lineup! Smiley Happy you may have been denied by BOA for the BBR due to a.) too many recent accounts or b.) they may believe you have enough CLs for your income. if it's due to the former, gardening and waiting for a lot of those inquiries to fall off will help!

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats my thinking as well.. give it a year or so, then get the BBR for the 120/yr on netflix or something.. considering the Cash+ for department stores and sporting good stores as well.. and re-evaluate at that time if theres anything else out there that makes sense. After that, may do some mild churning, 1-2 cards per year for some sign up bonuses.. and someday, if i ever start travelling more maybe an amex plat or other good card for travel perks...just doesnt make sense for me yet
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally figured out how to update signature with my cards.. After further review, I think I'm done. Going to garden this out, trying to get all limits to at least 10k a piece.. especially the Double Cash. I'll get a newer vehicle in the next couple years then leave everything until its time to buy a house. Very happy with where I'm at. Fico's are now at 741, 713, and 729 from TU, EX, and EQ respectively according to my Discover, AMEX, and Citi free fico scores as of most recent updates on 8/5, 8/6, and 7/27. Should only go up from there!
Message 15 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a little update...  I found out I was eligible for PCM Credit Union, which offers a FANTASTIC card..  Their Rewards card offer 5% back on ANYTHING up to $1000 per month.  Enrolled in their banking, and was approved for the card with a $10,000 starting limit.  I plan to use it for rent and utilities- then general spend until I reach 1000 dollars (then switch general spend to the DC).  Soooo excited.  NOW IM DONE..   TIME TO GARDEN.

That does look like a great card, and I was wondering why it is not more well-known here.   But it looks like the CU is very geographically restricted and no "general" way of joining.   But great for those in the area

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on the CU card.  I was going to suggest joining a CU as those will be great cards/lines of credit long term.  They probably never CLD and close accounts even if you sock drawer them for a while, just a little spend each year will probably keep them open.  And good for long term AAoA health when you end up churning.

You may want to see if that PCM has a line of credit like NFCU has with their CLOC.  Good way to get access to cash if you ever have an emergency.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I banked with chase since I was 15 years old.. They took away the drive thru, coin counter, and even the bathroom. Theyve added charges for everything to the point that you cant sneeze without having a 5 dollar fee.... Been wanting to switch savings, checking, direct deposit, etc to a CU for a while.. also to build that relationship for future needs.. just couldnt find any that really stood out to me.... until PCM. Soo glad I found them. And the rewards on that card are tough to beat even with the big banks. (Will not be sock drawering!) What does CLOC stand for? They do offer a smartloan or something as overdraft protection, not onto the CC though.. still need to set it up just in case.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I banked with chase since I was 15 years old.. They took away the drive thru, coin counter, and even the bathroom. Theyve added charges for everything to the point that you cant sneeze without having a 5 dollar fee.... Been wanting to switch savings, checking, direct deposit, etc to a CU for a while.. also to build that relationship for future needs.. just couldnt find any that really stood out to me.... until PCM. Soo glad I found them. And the rewards on that card are tough to beat even with the big banks. (Will not be sock drawering!) What does CLOC stand for? They do offer a smartloan or something as overdraft protection, not onto the CC though.. still need to set it up just in case.

Checking Line of Credit.  Just lets you easily access your line of credit by transfering funds to your linked checking account.  It doesn't look like PCM offers an unsecured line of credit.  Just personal loans and asset backed LOCs.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. Interesting. Although I don't foresee a need for it, sure would be convienient if/when needed.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.