cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Services Called to Lower Interest Rate?

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Card Services Called to Lower Interest Rate?

Definitely a scam that the government has been chasing for a while.  A friend was called for months on end, and they get really nasty and hang up if you challenge them in anyway.  Luckily, they stopped calling me, but they are very annoying.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 11 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sign me up!!!  NOT!  Unfortunately, though, lots of folks fall for these types of scams.

Message 12 of 19
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

Sing me up!!!  NOT!  Unfortunately, though, lots of folks fall for these types of scams.

Certainly... what song would you like? (I know it's a typo, but couldn't resist, sorry)

Seriously, they want you to tell them which card you'd like to lower the interest on, and want you to provide the account number. Sure..... A scam indeed. Never, ever give out that information over the phone or in email. If it's legit, they already have that info on file.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Sing me up!!!  NOT!  Unfortunately, though, lots of folks fall for these types of scams.

Certainly... what song would you like? (I know it's a typo, but couldn't resist, sorry)

Seriously, they want you to tell them which card you'd like to lower the interest on, and want you to provide the account number. Sure..... A scam indeed. Never, ever give out that information over the phone or in email. If it's legit, they already have that info on file.

LMAO!  Tinu - if you're taking requests, well let me see... what song would go well with this topic? lol

Message 14 of 19
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

Don't tell me it was Rachel from Card Services!

If so, Google "Rachel From Card Services" - Sounds like the same thing you described. Total Bullshoy! Don't bite!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it ... "Rachel" !!!
Message 16 of 19
usofascott
Valued Member

I was called by them about 2 years ago.  I went thru the whole thing. gave them a visa gift card number and got transferred to a person in the us.  talked to them for a few minutes and found out their address.  Then I hit them with a copy of a draft law suit and intent to sue letter.  got a phone call and settled for 1500 for violations of the TCPA.  They paid quickly and efficiently.  Wish they would call me again

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am impressed! Finally, someone got a pound of flesh! Good job!
Message 18 of 19
Express
Frequent Contributor

Yep,Got the call about one hour ago.
CL $408,200
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.