Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card UTL & multiple payments

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Card UTL & multiple payments

@lg8392ch

The first was an auto CLI $2500-$3300; the second one I called in and didn't use the online request. Both SP's
Message 21 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

thanks Lexie....wow...Discover sure loves you Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Me yes, DH not so much. He still hasn't received a CLI.
Message 23 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:
yes on Chase and overal is always less than 9%....wanted to test what high util on single cards would do and to my surprise it did not have an affect for my scores. Should have tested with 90% ..maxed out result. Might repeat this test with Discover one day just to see the results.....while CL is still low might use it for experimenting Smiley Happy

I went from 660 to 646 to 660 to 646 to 660 again testing a 99% (roughly) tradeline from pretty to max to pretty to max to pretty again.  EQ Beacon 5.0.  Not sure where the breakpoint is but a maxxed tradeline is a non-trivial penalty from my own testing.  First time with something like ~13% util second time 27% or something when I was max balance setting my Amex before and after 3x CLI.  Get to do it again in January I think with the now 9K tradeline for 50% util.  Good times!

        
Message 24 of 27
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I went from 660 to 646 to 660 to 646 to 660 again testing a 99% (roughly) tradeline from pretty to max to pretty to max to pretty again.

That aligns nicely with "If your score is 680, Maxed-out card Down 10 to 30 pts."

Message 25 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ revelate
thanks a lot for your results. that is what I expected...the massive score killer is the number of accounts reporting a balance even 1$ balances....it gets ugly when more than half of the accounts report small balances.....so I might go for a test with 8$ ..1$ on each account to see if that really drops 50+ points for 8$ balance....rounded 1% util hope I never get punished for life for manipulating my scores to extremes ..LOL
Message 26 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:
@ revelate
thanks a lot for your results. that is what I expected...the massive score killer is the number of accounts reporting a balance even 1$ balances....it gets ugly when more than half of the accounts report small balances.....so I might go for a test with 8$ ..1$ on each account to see if that really drops 50+ points for 8$ balance....rounded 1% util hope I never get punished for life for manipulating my scores to extremes ..LOL

Hah doubtful.  Lender underwriters are admittedly more sophisticated than FICO in some respects.  I'm certainly curious to see your results on that as well, I tend to be too sloppy recently with where charges wind up and I go 3/8 pretty much identically each time.  Should do better admittedly.

That reminds me need to go find my Freedom card or get a new one, coming up on six months since last used, ugh.

Thank you for sharing your current results.

        
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.