New Contributor
JDizzle

Card Usage

If i use all my credit cards and PIF before the statement cuts except leave a small balance on 1 card, does FICO know this and/or does it matter for my score?

Also is utilization always rounded up?
(I.e. 6.45% would be considered 7%?)

I ask this because in order for me to get 1-9% on my cards per month i have to charge about $100 a month which covers all the stuff i would need to pay for anyways like bills and stuff. so if i can get my utilization at 1.25% then it would be considered 2%?

Thanks.
09/15/08 FICOs: EQ - 643, EX - 671, TU - 693

700 club by 09'
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Card Usage

I believe util is broken down to brackets 1-9, 10-19, etc. so it does not matter where you are as long as it's under 9.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 665 GE, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

JDizzle wrote:
If i use all my credit cards and PIF before the statement cuts except leave a small balance on 1 card, does FICO know this and/or does it matter for my score?

FICO will not know this, and it will not affect your score.  FICO only knows the reported balance in a given month.  What you stated is exactly the best way to handle your cards for maximum FICO purposes.

JDizzle wrote:

Also is utilization always rounded up?
(I.e. 6.45% would be considered 7%?)

In my experience, utilization is rounded up.  Others have reported different experiences.

Essentially, however, there is no difference between 1% and 9% for most people.  Allow a balance to report of greater than $0 and 9% or less and you should be good.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
New Contributor
JDizzle

Great! thanks for your help; i'm just going to repeat this system month after month and let my history build positivly.
09/15/08 FICOs: EQ - 643, EX - 671, TU - 693

700 club by 09'

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+