Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card advise please!!!

tag
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Re: Card advise please!!!

Thanks. Yes I'd like to have it down at least half by the summer!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

50% is going in the right direction but still a little high.  Best of luck in reducing those balances!

Message 12 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Thank u. I know 1-9% would be ideal Smiley Wink. I'm just wanting to make the right decision with the prime card I would have the best chance with. Don't want to waste inquiries finding the one that will give me a chance!!!

Message 13 of 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I was turned down for 3 different cards a little over a year ago with a DTI of 75% and all of them had util as the main reason that i was denied. i have 0 collections and only 2 30 day lates in over 7 years of history. In oct i paid off over $6K to put my util @ 6% and i seen the following changes.

Oct: 632

Nov: 685

Dec: 754

Jan: 756

The score estimator is pretty accurate or atleast it was for me.

Best of luck!

Message 14 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

@I was turned down for 3 different cards a little over a year ago with a DTI of 75% and all of them had util as the main reason that i was denied. i have 0 collections and only 2 30 day lates in over 7 years of history. In oct i paid off over $6K to put my util @ 6% and i seen the following changes.

Oct: 632

Nov: 685

Dec: 754

Jan: 756

The score estimator is pretty accurate or atleast it was for me.

Best of luck!

Amen!  Case closed!   My point exactly!

Message 15 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Thanks. That's awesome!!! I will be there soon! Did you start getting pre-approved offers after you reached those scores???

Message 16 of 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

As of yet no but i rarely seem to get pre-approved offers except for cap one auto loans. Maybe my income is too low to get these cc offers? lol. Once they started reporting my new low balance i went into best buy on black friday and got approved for $3k and one month later i seen a good chase freedom deal and got approved for $3K on that also. It feels great because this same time last year best buy denied me credit and all i had to do was pay my bills on time for over a year and lower my DTI alot.

Do yourself a favor and focus on that debt which it seems like your gonna do anyways. My stress level went down when i paid everything off plus you'll save yourself alot of money and you won't need to second guess applications and just feel confident you'll get it.

Message 17 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Thank you. That sounds wonderful. I can't wait to be able to do that!! Yes I plan to pay them way down. I like to spend money and I've learned to use cash. It was hard! I didn't charge anything at Christmas and I was so proud of myself!!!

Message 18 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

As of yet no but i rarely seem to get pre-approved offers except for cap one auto loans. Maybe my income is too low to get these cc offers? lol. Once they started reporting my new low balance i went into best buy on black friday and got approved for $3k and one month later i seen a good chase freedom deal and got approved for $3K on that also. It feels great because this same time last year best buy denied me credit and all i had to do was pay my bills on time for over a year and lower my DTI alot.

Do yourself a favor and focus on that debt which it seems like your gonna do anyways. My stress level went down when i paid everything off plus you'll save yourself alot of money and you won't need to second guess applications and just feel confident you'll get it.

Mike 360 has got it going on!  

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.