Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card advise please!!!

tag
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Card advise please!!!

I want to try and apply for a prime card in about 6 months! My transunion has a paid collection that's just over 2 years old! I have no other negatives and everything has always been on time. The only thing hurting me is my utilization is a 93%. I plan on paying this way down over the next 6 months. My experian and equifax is clean except for the utilization being high!!! Can someone please tell me which credit cards pull equifax and experian??? Those are my best reports and I really want a prime card! Dont want to waste an inquiry with transunion!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Card advise please!!!

Discover pulled EQ and TU for me in Cali. BofA pulled EX.

I've read Barclays pulls TU.
Message 2 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

In my experience being in MA:

EQ: Discover - USAA - PenFed - DCU

EX: AMEX - Chase - PSECU - Macys

Message 3 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Thanks. Keep em coming Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

I'll add my experince with those who pulled TU only

Barclays - GE (both for my Lowes and Walmart)

Where are you located? As you can see sometimes a credit pull is dependant on location.

Message 5 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

Try taking a look at whogavemecredit.com  and you will find what you are looking for.   93% is pretty high so you got some work to do prior to prime card apps.  Even if you find the card you want and the bureau they pull is right, be careful.  It is not unusual to get multiple pulls on the bureaus.  Try not to give them a reason to go snooping around on other cra's sites. 

Message 6 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks. I live in Arkansas. I have a Walmart, capital one(2), Dillard's, jcpenney, and Q card. Yes my utilization is ridiculous. The myfico score simulator takes me from 640 to 750 if I get my balances down. I know it's just an estimate, but keeps me hopeful!!!

Message 7 of 19
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Oh and a best buy reward zone. Stuck at $600

Message 8 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Prettylady1 wrote:
Ok thanks. I live in Arkansas. I have a Walmart, capital one(2), Dillard's, jcpenney, and Q card. Yes my utilization is ridiculous. The myfico score simulator takes me from 640 to 750 if I get my balances down. I know it's just an estimate, but keeps me hopeful!!!

That's probably not a bad estimate, I was guessing you'd go into the 700+ range easy with getting down that utilization... as it's absolutely crushing your score without a doubt.

        
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes, 93%, you def need to get that WAY down before apping for a Prime card, but you already know that.

AmEx is an EX puller when apping for their revolvers, but they are known to pull EX and TU when apping for one of their Charge cards, that's a YMMV type of thing.

Discover and Citi pulled EQ for me. NC

Depends on which State you reside. (google "creditpullsdatabase" or "whogavemecredit") I personally would not rely on the info posted there entirely, but you could get an "idea" of who pulls who.

Work on getting that util down, util too high is commonly a deal breaker.

Best of Luck.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.