Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card for BT's? Do I have a shot?

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Card for BT's? Do I have a shot?

I know I've posted a few questions in the past similiar to this one, but I'm still having a tough time debating what to do. I am trying to consolidate some balances on 3 CC's in order to pay them off and save myself a ton of $$ in interest. I'm wanting to find a card I can apply for with a 0% period in order to transfer these balances and pay them off in the next few months.

The only issue I worry about is I have 1 other card that is almost completely maxxed out. I have successfully paid the balances down on 5 other cards in order to avoid the interest and haven't been able to pay much on this 1 card (it has the lowest int. rate at 8%).

So here's what my cards look like in a nutshell:

Visa platinum card: $5,892/$6K

Home Depot: $2,953/$4.5K

Chase: $1,220/3K

DB: $370.58/$2.25K

Furniture store card: $0/3.5K

Kohl's: $0/$200

overall util: 53%

I'm wanting to transfer the balances on all of the above cards but the Visa. This would have them all paid off except for that one. I know I need to start getting the Visa paid down, every little bit I'm able to asap, but I'm so busy paying down the other ones to save money that I don't ever have anything left to pay down on the Visa!

Do I even have a fighting chance qualifying for another card that I can roll these high interest cards over to? I know I could pay it off within the next few months for sure. I don't even know what cards would be good to look into given my situation and for what I'm trying to do.

TIA!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Card for BT's? Do I have a shot?

@RW771 wrote:

I know I've posted a few questions in the past similiar to this one, but I'm still having a tough time debating what to do. I am trying to consolidate some balances on 3 CC's in order to pay them off and save myself a ton of $$ in interest. I'm wanting to find a card I can apply for with a 0% period in order to transfer these balances and pay them off in the next few months.

The only issue I worry about is I have 1 other card that is almost completely maxxed out. I have successfully paid the balances down on 5 other cards in order to avoid the interest and haven't been able to pay much on this 1 card (it has the lowest int. rate at 8%).

I'm wanting to transfer the balances on all of the above cards but the Visa. This would have them all paid off except for that one. I know I need to start getting the Visa paid down, every little bit I'm able to asap, but I'm so busy paying down the other ones to save money that I don't ever have anything left to pay down on the Visa!

Do I even have a fighting chance qualifying for another card that I can roll these high interest cards over to? I know I could pay it off within the next few months for sure. I don't even know what cards would be good to look into given my situation and for what I'm trying to do.

TIA!!

You may have a shot at a Citi card.....  if you do decide to try to apply, thats where I would head first.   Citi is pretty generous as far as initial BT terms....  when you apply, list all of those accounts on there, and hopefully they will give you a high enough CL to BT everything.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@RW771 wrote:

TIA!!

You may have a shot at a Citi card.....  if you do decide to try to apply, thats where I would head first.   Citi is pretty generous as far as initial BT terms....  when you apply, list all of those accounts on there, and hopefully they will give you a high enough CL to BT everything.

You may also look at the Barclaycard Platinum Balance Transfer card, which gives 0% interest for 23 months.   Barclays is very good at recon, so you may have a shot.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What about a P2P loan like prosper.com? It is just a SP unless your loan gets funded. So fill out the application and get an interest rate quote from them. PM me if you have any questions or would like a referral link.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.