Frequent Contributor
RW771

Card for BT's? Do I have a shot?

I know I've posted a few questions in the past similiar to this one, but I'm still having a tough time debating what to do. I am trying to consolidate some balances on 3 CC's in order to pay them off and save myself a ton of $$ in interest. I'm wanting to find a card I can apply for with a 0% period in order to transfer these balances and pay them off in the next few months.

The only issue I worry about is I have 1 other card that is almost completely maxxed out. I have successfully paid the balances down on 5 other cards in order to avoid the interest and haven't been able to pay much on this 1 card (it has the lowest int. rate at 8%).

So here's what my cards look like in a nutshell:

Visa platinum card: $5,892/$6K

Home Depot: $2,953/$4.5K

Chase: $1,220/3K

DB: $370.58/$2.25K

Furniture store card: $0/3.5K

Kohl's: $0/$200

overall util: 53%

I'm wanting to transfer the balances on all of the above cards but the Visa. This would have them all paid off except for that one. I know I need to start getting the Visa paid down, every little bit I'm able to asap, but I'm so busy paying down the other ones to save money that I don't ever have anything left to pay down on the Visa!

Do I even have a fighting chance qualifying for another card that I can roll these high interest cards over to? I know I could pay it off within the next few months for sure. I don't even know what cards would be good to look into given my situation and for what I'm trying to do.

TIA!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: Card for BT's? Do I have a shot?

RW771 wrote:

I know I've posted a few questions in the past similiar to this one, but I'm still having a tough time debating what to do. I am trying to consolidate some balances on 3 CC's in order to pay them off and save myself a ton of $$ in interest. I'm wanting to find a card I can apply for with a 0% period in order to transfer these balances and pay them off in the next few months.

The only issue I worry about is I have 1 other card that is almost completely maxxed out. I have successfully paid the balances down on 5 other cards in order to avoid the interest and haven't been able to pay much on this 1 card (it has the lowest int. rate at 8%).

I'm wanting to transfer the balances on all of the above cards but the Visa. This would have them all paid off except for that one. I know I need to start getting the Visa paid down, every little bit I'm able to asap, but I'm so busy paying down the other ones to save money that I don't ever have anything left to pay down on the Visa!

Do I even have a fighting chance qualifying for another card that I can roll these high interest cards over to? I know I could pay it off within the next few months for sure. I don't even know what cards would be good to look into given my situation and for what I'm trying to do.

TIA!!

You may have a shot at a Citi card.....  if you do decide to try to apply, thats where I would head first.   Citi is pretty generous as far as initial BT terms....  when you apply, list all of those accounts on there, and hopefully they will give you a high enough CL to BT everything.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

webhopper wrote:

RW771 wrote:

TIA!!

You may have a shot at a Citi card.....  if you do decide to try to apply, thats where I would head first.   Citi is pretty generous as far as initial BT terms....  when you apply, list all of those accounts on there, and hopefully they will give you a high enough CL to BT everything.

You may also look at the Barclaycard Platinum Balance Transfer card, which gives 0% interest for 23 months.   Barclays is very good at recon, so you may have a shot.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Dustink

What about a P2P loan like prosper.com? It is just a SP unless your loan gets funded. So fill out the application and get an interest rate quote from them. PM me if you have any questions or would like a referral link.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+