cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card for Each Reporting Bureau and Another for all Three?

tag
Stephen_Dashman
Contributor

Card for Each Reporting Bureau and Another for all Three?

Ideally should you have three credit cards that each report to a different bureau and maybe one that reports to all three? Currently I have a Capital One Platinum and just applied for another through a local credit union (EQ reporting I think), and was thinking I should have two more to create and maintain an overall balance. What do you all think? Thank you much for the advice and any suggestions.

EX 690 (Credit.com 6/14) | EQ 673 (DCU 6/14) | TU 705 (Walmart 7/14)

BofA BB Rewards 4000 | Walmart Discover 4000 | AMEX BCE 3400 | DCU Visa Platinum 3200 | Affinity Plus Visa Rewards 3000 | Capital One Cash Rewards 1500 | NTB Card 700

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Card for Each Reporting Bureau and Another for all Three?

All the cards you have should report to all of the major bureaus. Any card that does not is not worth your time as it is useless. Any real card (Chase, PNC, FIA, Barclays, etc.) reports to all three major bureaus.

Message 2 of 5
Involus
Regular Contributor

Credit cards report to all 3 bureaus - at least all of mine do. I know in the case of installment loans they may not as all my installment loans have all been on TU.

So to answer your question - no you don't have to have 3 cards for one to report to each bureau, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

All the cards you have should report to all of the major bureaus. Any card that does not is not worth your time as it is useless. Any real card (Chase, PNC, FIA, Barclays, etc.) reports to all three major bureaus.

HOW DO DID YOU NOT INCLUDE AMEX? Smiley Surprised jk

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
Stephen_Dashman
Contributor

Yeah thanks.. I guess I've come across certain ones like Capital One and Barclays mentioning that they report to all three but I guess I wasn't sure that many others do also especially in the maybe poor/fair/average credit range.

EX 690 (Credit.com 6/14) | EQ 673 (DCU 6/14) | TU 705 (Walmart 7/14)

BofA BB Rewards 4000 | Walmart Discover 4000 | AMEX BCE 3400 | DCU Visa Platinum 3200 | Affinity Plus Visa Rewards 3000 | Capital One Cash Rewards 1500 | NTB Card 700

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.