Card for Gas Q2

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Re: Card for Gas Q2

@john398 wrote:

@yellowcake wrote:
Discover It for 5%

Did you get a special invite or something to get 5% for gas?

Oops, I didn't realize the 5% category for Discover wasn't until Q3.  I guess I'm gonna have to use the 5% offer on the Citi Diamond Preferred card after all Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@yellowcake wrote:
Discover It for 5%

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

It's home improvement stores and bed bath and beyond this quarter. Smiley Sad So it's only 1%.

Edited to add: Sorry didn't see your post right above mine -- that's what I get for reading and posting as I go! Smiley Sad Sorry!

Message 22 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@cyclesport45 wrote:

Just got a 5% offer from my (hardly used) Citi Diamond Preferred, for the quarter.  Which will now be my gas card! 

I got some sort of offer like this and for the life of me.. I can't find the darned thing so I have no idea what it is.. but it's 5% off a couple of categories. What kind of fiduciarily responsible person am I?! LOL

Message 23 of 26
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

PRG for me, with 2x MR points. Still reaching minimum spend on it, and I'm not giving up much (well, anything, really) versus using my BankAmericard at 3%.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 24 of 26
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I buy gas cards @ Lowes with the Freedom or office supply stores with ink. 

Message 25 of 26
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I just got the Diamond Preferred offer in my email today. Doubt I will be using it though unless I go over the $250 with Sallie Mae.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.