Did you mean: 

Card for International Travel

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Card for International Travel

@Open123 wrote:

armbenderc wrote:
How about BoA BankAmericard Privileges /w travel rewards? The cash rewards one is nice also 50% extra when deposit to saving or checking with BoA.

Besides maybe a CU (not my area expertise here), this is the *only* card with both a no-annual fee, EMV and no forex feature, right?

You are correct, although there are more than a few CU cards that offer these features, plus the availability of chip+PIN, at much lower interest rates.  I have yet to carry a balance on it, but if I ever needed to carry a balance on one of my cards, SDFCU would be my first choice, as it is my lowest interest card, at 6.99% APR.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 61 of 68
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:
How about BoA BankAmericard Privileges /w travel rewards? The cash rewards one is nice also 50% extra when deposit to saving or checking with BoA.

Besides maybe a CU (not my area expertise here), this is the *only* card with both a no-annual fee, EMV and no forex feature, right?

I actually wasn't aware that that card existed. I had always thought the BankAmericard Travel Rewards credit card was the only one.

Message 62 of 68
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

IIRC, no AF is only if you have $50k+ in BofA/Merrill Lynch accounts. This is a great deal if you do, but it's maybe not the most realistic for everyone.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 63 of 68
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh yea, the Merrill+ has no AF, no FTF! Got reminded of that card from sengpatt's post. The rewards structure is just soso though. I believe if you spend >50k (can't really remember) then they upgrade u for some benefits and better reward structure as well for free.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 64 of 68
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sengpatt wrote:
IIRC, no AF is only if you have $50k+ in BofA/Merrill Lynch accounts. This is a great deal if you do, but it's maybe not the most realistic for everyone.

Yeah that's the one.

@HiLine: they took it down from the main cards site I want to say like 4 months ago?  They (it's brother Priveleges Cash Rewards too) used to be listed up there along with the rest of the BOFA cards.  Last I read here could still apply for it though, though that may have been rambling of a former member now that I think of it.

        
Message 65 of 68
Open123
Super Contributor

The BofA Privileges Travel card has 2% on all spending and the 10% bonus, but can only be applied as "travel credit" redemptions.  

Also, it has no sign up bonus, but I can see the card would appeal to those who like the Venture and Arrival rewards structures. Best way to qualify for the card and $75 fee waiver, is just to roll-over an IRA or similar account for the 30 free trades per month through Merrill Edge.  

Message 66 of 68
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

Yeah that's the one.

@HiLine: they took it down from the main cards site I want to say like 4 months ago?  They (it's brother Priveleges Cash Rewards too) used to be listed up there along with the rest of the BOFA cards.  Last I read here could still apply for it though, though that may have been rambling of a former member now that I think of it.

I don't think it's open for applications without the 50k anymore. When I asked to PC my old card to this one, they checked to see if I met the asset requirement first before doing it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 67 of 68
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

Yeah that's the one.

I don't think it's open for applications without the 50k anymore. When I asked to PC my old card to this one, they checked to see if I met the asset requirement first before doing it.

You may be right; looking at their website they may have split the Travel from the Cash one (which still appears to be online applicable, and according to it the AF is waived with 50K in assets).

        
Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.