Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card for abroad

tag
greenfield

Card for abroad

Hey guys,

I'm a college student going abroad to Italy in the fall. I do have a discover which has no foreign transaction fee however its acceptance in Europe is very limited so I need to get a visa or master with no foreign transaction fee. I've been wanting a card similar to the CSP or bc arrival because I'm working in New York this summer and will be spending ~$350 in commuting expenses alone per month and would certainly make it easer to get the sign-up bonus/ be rewarded for commuting and eating. The problem is these visa signature cards with my limited credit history ruin my chances of getting them. I had my eye on the barclaycard arrival platinum mastercard because I probably had a shot at it however they literally just discontinued it. 

I was going to wait in the garden for two more months until the end of july so I could have two more months of reporting but I'd really like to start racking up points while I'm working in ny this summer.

Can anyone recommend me a decent card to get for my experience. My signature shows what I have, most recent fico is 725. Another downside is I have ~$55k in deferred student loans which would make certain cards difficult to get.  

Thanks

Discover it - 05/13 $1000
AMEX Green - 11/13 NPSL
TU FICO 5/14 - 725
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Card for abroad

@greenfield wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm a college student going abroad to Italy in the fall. I do have a discover which has no foreign transaction fee however its acceptance in Europe is very limited so I need to get a visa or master with no foreign transaction fee. I've been wanting a card similar to the CSP or bc arrival because I'm working in New York this summer and will be spending ~$350 in commuting expenses alone per month and would certainly make it easer to get the sign-up bonus/ be rewarded for commuting and eating. The problem is these visa signature cards with my limited credit history ruin my chances of getting them. I had my eye on the barclaycard arrival platinum mastercard because I probably had a shot at it however they literally just discontinued it. 

I was going to wait in the garden for two more months until the end of july so I could have two more months of reporting but I'd really like to start racking up points while I'm working in ny this summer.

Can anyone recommend me a decent card to get for my experience. My signature shows what I have, most recent fico is 725. Another downside is I have ~$55k in deferred student loans which would make certain cards difficult to get.  

Thanks

There is an boa travel rewards card that has no AF or FTF . I beleive its 1.5x on every purchase. That may be an bit easier to get maybe. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 3
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Card for abroad

@mongstradamus wrote:

@greenfield wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks

There is an boa travel rewards card that has no AF or FTF . I beleive its 1.5x on every purchase. That may be an bit easier to get maybe. 

If you're willing to take their triple hit, Cap One has their Quicksilver with 1.5x on all purchases as well. That has no AF and no FTF. However if you're looking for the least amount of HP, i'd go with the BOA travel rewards as well!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.