Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card for cashback on Utility bills?

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Card for cashback on Utility bills?

I dont know what state u are in but if ur in the Northeast area, TD bank has the Cash Rewards card u get 5% for dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments.

Message 21 of 26
kalani91
Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I dont know what state u are in but if ur in the Northeast area, TD bank has the Cash Rewards card u get 5% for dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments.

I checked their website and it says 5% cashback for the first 6 months only.

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 22 of 26
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@kalani91 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

I checked their website and it says 5% cashback for the first 6 months only.

Yeah, had me running to check too and found the same.  Not worth a pull.  I have only found the Huntington Voice as being the best so far, but I am not even sure if one must be a banking member in order to get it.  Currently, I will just use the 1.5 Cap1QS rather than take an HP and affecting my AAOA with a new account.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 23 of 26
pip3man
Valued Contributor

oooh my bad, I totally forgot about that 6months part got caught up with the percentage. reading over it again, yeah it's not worth it cos after the 6months it's basically 1% so u might as well get the Quicksilver or one of them numerous 2% cards available... been hearing about this Fidelty card but im not savy when it comes to credit cards points & bonuses and how they work. Those matter to me less so long as I have a good CL and decent APR I can deal without the added features

Message 24 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

oooh my bad, I totally forgot about that 6months part got caught up with the percentage. reading over it again, yeah it's not worth it cos after the 6months it's basically 1% so u might as well get the Quicksilver or one of them numerous 2% cards available... been hearing about this Fidelty card but im not savy when it comes to credit cards points & bonuses and how they work. Those matter to me less so long as I have a good CL and decent APR I can deal without the added features

Depends on the purpose of course.  Not worth it for normal spending, but ideal for other kinds of activity as this, like the similar Wells Fargo card, has no cap on earning during those 6 months.

Message 25 of 26
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

If you are in one of the states that can get the Marukai card, that would be great. Otherwise here are a few choices for cash back cards that might be helpful. Personally I plan to try getting multiple BOA Better Balance Rewards cards, and spread the utility bills amongst them. It should work...

non-category BBR.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.