Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card for transfer of points to American Airlines

tag
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

Card for transfer of points to American Airlines

You can use an Amex Everyday card to transfer MR points to Delta, and you can use a Chase CSP card to transfer UR points to United. Is there a card for transferring points of some sort to American Airlines?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Card for transfer of points to American Airlines

@too-much-time wrote:

You can use an Amex Everyday card to transfer MR points to Delta, and you can use a Chase CSP card to transfer UR points to United. Is there a card for transferring points of some sort to American Airlines?

SPG i think is partners with American So you could do that but SPG points are pretty hard to come by they have low signup bonus and they don't really have bonus spending categories other than staying at spg hotels. Also theres the obvious citi aa cards that transfer to AA . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I believe Citi has a relationship with AA ..they offer AA credit cards.

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@too-much-time wrote:

The Citi AAdvantage card and Executive card all earn points for American Airlines.  They aren't transfers but earn only AA points

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

you can't transfer points to AA through a bank run rewards program (like ultimate rewards or membership rewards) BUT many independent programs (spg, Marriott and so on) will allow you to transfer points into the program.

citi is the exclusive issuer of AA cards, and thankyou points can be redeemed at an enhanced value against AA/US purchases when you use a citi Prestige card.
Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

SPG i think is partners with American So you could do that but SPG points are pretty hard to come by they have low signup bonus and they don't really have bonus spending categories other than staying at spg hotels. Also theres the obvious citi aa cards that transfer to AA . 

+1 I got the spg card because I needed to top off my AA account and am waiting for the bonus on citi aa cards to reset for me. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.