Card lust list!

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Card lust list!

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

I guess I look at it from my position , where i don't go over 250 caps for gas and groceries. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 63
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Amex Platinum, SPG CC, Barclaycard Arrival + (will cancel before AF hits or downgrade), Venture card (will cancel before AF hits or downgrade), Citi Prestige (will also cancel before AF hits).
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 12 of 63
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

What's a perk from Amex that is better than SM for Gas purchases? This type of fan boy/girl loyalty baffles me. It's dollars and cents. BCE < Sallie Mae

Message 13 of 63
vpae
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's on your card lust list? 

Im hinking AMEX PRG might be next years app. Depending on my BoA secured card graduating, I don't know which card of theirs I would want? 

My list currently includes

• Chase Southwest RR Premier/Plus (Companion Pass)
  • Amex Costco True Earnings (Cheap Gas!)
  • Chase Slate (May need BT)
  • Fidelity Visa Siggy (When Amex isn't accepted)
  • Barclay Arrival+ (Sign up Bonus / Travel card)
  • Sallie Mae (Decent Cash Back)
  • a 2nd Cash+ (More 5% categories)

Maybe another hotel/airline card as well. Haven't decided yet!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 14 of 63
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

What's a perk from Amex that is better than SM for Gas purchases? This type of fan boy/girl loyalty baffles me. It's dollars and cents. BCE < Sallie Mae

For the record he has PRG already for Amex CS "Perk" . I think point they were making was about gas being uncapped with BCE, as opposed to SM haveing 250 monthly cap. For me personally i don't get anywhere near the cap , even with gas being nearly 4.00 an gallon here :-)

Message 15 of 63
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

For the record he has PRG already for Amex CS "Perk" . I think point they were making was about gas being uncapped with BCE, as opposed to SM haveing 250 monthly cap. For me personally i don't get anywhere near the cap , even with gas being nearly 4.00 an gallon here :-)

It's silly.. apples to oranges. So PRG has absolutely nothing to do with BCE vs. SM. Yes, Amex is AMAZING and I very much value my relationship with them, but to say BCE is a fantastic card really isn't true.

Message 16 of 63
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

At the moment following two: 

1. AMEX SPG (only when they offer me 50,000 points as a signing bonus and $1,000 spending needed in three months); 
2. Citi Thank You Premier Card (only when they offer me 50,000 bonus with $1,000 spending needed in three months and first year fees waived)

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 17 of 63
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm ineligible for NFCU so there's no list.

0, zero, zilch inquiries on all 3 bureaus and squeaky clean. Last inquiry just fell off EX. ........ a valuable lesson about annoying Sallie Mae reps, LOL! 

I have too many cards with balances. Next year, I should start residency and begin chipping away at the credit card debt. 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 63
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

It's silly.. apples to oranges. So PRG has absolutely nothing to do with BCE vs. SM. Yes, Amex is AMAZING and I very much value my relationship with them, but to say BCE is a fantastic card really isn't true.

I am not saying BCE is better tthan SM, i am just saying why people may think why. No gas cap and amex cs. 

Message 19 of 63
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

The card I am lusting for, that will remain unrequited is USBank Cash+ card. 

I had a c/o from them in the late 90s, and they dont seem forgiving. 

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.