Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card lust list!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Card lust list!

Amex Everyday, Chase Sapphire, USAA Amex, Penfed something lol, US Bank Cash+. 2015/16
Message 41 of 63
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash +
Amex Everyday
Barclaycard Rewards

Let's see if this list changes next week.

Message 42 of 63
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

What's a perk from Amex that is better than SM for Gas purchases? This type of fan boy/girl loyalty baffles me. It's dollars and cents. BCE < Sallie Mae

There's the old version of the Blue Cash, where once you spend $6.5k, it's 6% uncapped on gas and groceries. Smiley Happy

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 43 of 63
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+; I'm going on a trip out to California, and I'll go to a branch while I'm there to open a checking account, apply for Cash+ in person.

Fidelity Amex or Visa Signature to earn the 2%. (but I have the QuickSilver and NFCU CashRewards @ 1.5%, so it's not crazy lust)

It's not really lust, but I'll take Toyota up on their $25 credit offer and 5% on Toyota repairs.

This has been a great year for me with new accounts, so there's not much else on the Lust List.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 44 of 63
taxi818
Super Contributor

Amex green. Stymies. Everyday. Any one of them will do. Any to complete collection. 

Message 45 of 63
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Amex green. Stymies. Everyday. Any one of them will do. Any to complete collection. 

Just curious why the amex green there are other charge and revolvers that are better than that card? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 46 of 63
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

What's a perk from Amex that is better than SM for Gas purchases? This type of fan boy/girl loyalty baffles me. It's dollars and cents. BCE < Sallie Mae

There's the old version of the Blue Cash, where once you spend $6.5k, it's 6% uncapped on gas and groceries. Smiley Happy

5% actually, gas, groceries and drug stores.

Message 47 of 63
taxi818
Super Contributor

It's true green is not best. But I just want the easiest amex. As my spending will be light on it for first year. So it had low af. Don't need any more revolvers. After. I will be traveling a lot. Will upgrade then. Need to put foot in door first.
Message 48 of 63
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
It's true green is not best. But I just want the easiest amex. As my spending will be light on it for first year. So it had low af. Don't need any more revolvers. After. I will be traveling a lot. Will upgrade then. Need to put foot in door first.

All their charge cards have same UW criteria from what i have read, for me i would do prg since first year af is waived and if you are targeted for 50k signup bonus. It seems like much better value. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 49 of 63
chalupaman
Super Contributor

As of now, probably the Sallie Mae Mastercard or BOA Cash Rewards card. Also want to PC my Forward card to a Dividend card and I think for now, I'm good with what Chase was able to give me so I dunno if I still want the Freedom or not.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 50 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.