Did you mean: 

Card present transaction fraud?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card present transaction fraud?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did not know that.  Thanks for the info.  Wonder why Citi would do that for this card?

I wonder if it was requested by Costco so that their already long lines don't get 100x worse when they finally enable chip acceptance. Most/all of Citi's other cards still won't have it, at least for now.

Guess that makes sense.  Still how many people that will be paying with Visas will actually be using the Costco one?  Guess we will have to wait until June to find out.

Message 11 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

Yes a fraudulent card can be created with only having the info to attach to it.  And CC fraud is just the way life is these days.  Banks are pretty good at catching it and I think everyone should set $1 alerts when possible to do their share to lower costs for the rest.  Either way, $0 fraud protection is the norm.

Message 12 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

I know that some restaurants in other countries will bring the credit card terminal to your table.

Message 13 of 14
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Thugs exists in many ways, but just don't go paranoid cause 1 person is a bad apple. Is like shoppers, most are regular Peggy's and Sam's but some are shop lifters. The fact that a waitress takes your cc doesn't mean he/she got a slimmer is just part of their job. I personally try to pay in person at all times. Anyways when I fuel my truck they keep the cc while I fuel (they don't want you to run away with a $200+ bill), as of today no problems but it's part of the business.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.