Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card shopping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card shopping

Here is what I have in the terms of credit cards

hsbc secured credit card             credit limit $200     Date opened 11/2008                       All payments have been on time

WFNNB Store Card                    credit limit $250      Date opened 11/2010                      All Payments have been on time

Capitol One CC                          credit limit $300      Date opened  05/2011                      All Payments have been on time

HouseHold Bank CC                  Credit limit $300     Date opened  05/2011                      All Payments have been on time

I just applied yesterday for a jared store card and was approved for a $4000 CL Smiley Surprised

Then today I applied for a Discover More and was approved for a $1000 CL Smiley Surprised

If I can get 1 more good card with a good CL before these inquiries hit I would love to, I would then probably close the Capitol One and Household bank as there relatively new accounts with poor Cl.

Equifax is by far my better score Fico 639,all but 1 negative mysteriously disapeared last month

Transunion not sure Fico, but Fako is 625 and vantage is 703. 5 negatives reporting all but 1 will fall off in the next 6 months

Experian is reporting alot of negatives that the others are not Fako 575

there are around 6-7 hard inquiries reporting on each CA

Any help would be awesome.

Forgot to add I currently have 8% UTL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Card shopping

when you say before the inquires hit, my understanding is they usually hoit your report within minutes of applying

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe your right, did not know that

Message 3 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is what I have in the terms of credit cards

hsbc secured credit card             credit limit $200     Date opened 11/2008                       All payments have been on time

WFNNB Store Card                    credit limit $250      Date opened 11/2010                      All Payments have been on time

Capitol One CC                          credit limit $300      Date opened  05/2011                      All Payments have been on time

HouseHold Bank CC                  Credit limit $300     Date opened  05/2011                      All Payments have been on time

I just applied yesterday for a jared store card and was approved for a $4000 CL Smiley Surprised

Then today I applied for a Discover More and was approved for a $1000 CL Smiley Surprised

If I can get 1 more good card with a good CL before these inquiries hit I would love to, I would then probably close the Capitol One and Household bank as there relatively new accounts with poor Cl.

Equifax is by far my better score Fico 639,all but 1 negative mysteriously disapeared last month

Transunion not sure Fico, but Fako is 625 and vantage is 703. 5 negatives reporting all but 1 will fall off in the next 6 months

Experian is reporting alot of negatives that the others are not Fako 575

there are around 6-7 hard inquiries reporting on each CA

Any help would be awesome.

Forgot to add I currently have 8% UTL

I don't see the point of closing the Capital One or Household unless AF is invovled.

How long do you plan to keep the HSBC secured card.    I called them last week and they review for graduation at 18 months and every 6 months thereafter.    They did not graduate for me at 18 months, so I closed it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would hate to close the HSBC as its by far my most aged card

Message 5 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would hate to close the HSBC as its by fare my most aged card

That's a point.   I almost kept to see if it would stay with HSBC or go to Capital One.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.