Did you mean: 

Card type vs. Income

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: Card type vs. Income

@Anonymous wrote:

@black_citi wrote:
I like the amex plat, venture and the csp. I've heard of the prestige but didn't know it had a 450 AF. I was thinking of the chairman card by citi.

With my 28k a year salary I can't really afford none of these cards I like. Even the Venture with its 59 AF is out of my reach because to get the 40k bonus I need to spend 3k in 3 months. Its not possible with my 28k.

The Gold delta I got has a 95 AF but its waived the first year and to be honest I accidentally applied for that card. I'll cancel it around Feb next year. I doubt I'll hit the 30k bonus with 1k spend in 3 months.

1K/mo isn't possible on 28K?

LOL no! I've tried, oh how I have tried. My BCE I've had for 6 months now and I've only spent $1500. Idk, I guess since I make so little I spend WAY less. I have a nice savings in my CU savings account though so I could spend the 1k and then pif.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 61 of 67
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@black_citi wrote:
I like the amex plat, venture and the csp. I've heard of the prestige but didn't know it had a 450 AF. I was thinking of the chairman card by citi.

With my 28k a year salary I can't really afford none of these cards I like. Even the Venture with its 59 AF is out of my reach because to get the 40k bonus I need to spend 3k in 3 months. Its not possible with my 28k.

The Gold delta I got has a 95 AF but its waived the first year and to be honest I accidentally applied for that card. I'll cancel it around Feb next year. I doubt I'll hit the 30k bonus with 1k spend in 3 months.

Depends on living expenses/situation...I'm at ~$25k a year and only have about ~$800 a month of free money after rent/bills/etc but I only like to spend $400-500 so I can save the rest. Even back when I made $36k/year in Japan, I may have only spent about $800-900 a month (again, I would save $400-500 a month so that was about $1200-1400 free cash after rent/insurance/etc.). 

Rent can be paid with CC. Insurance and utility bills can be paid with CC.

Our apartment complex will ONLY accept a check (maybe there are other hoops we could jump through but we don't really care to). My health insurance ONLY takes EFT as payment. Same with my car payment (check or EFT). It was worse in Japan where it's mostly a cash based society; I only spent $100 or so a month on my Visa there and the most I ever spent was like $300 in a month when I charged some shinkansen tickets, lol. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 62 of 67
Stralem
Established Contributor

You're a JET alum, no?

That tax-free $36k salary on top of the subsidized housing is one of the best perks of that program. The had to enroll in the national health care system also, right? Was that paid for as well?

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 63 of 67
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@black_citi wrote:

It is if you pay ahead.

Signature needs updating
Message 64 of 67
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@onstar with the primary cdw that comes with the ritz it doesn't matter who is at fault, which once again makes it a better choice than your personal insurance.
Message 65 of 67
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

You're a JET alum, no?

That tax-free $36k salary on top of the subsidized housing is one of the best perks of that program. The had to enroll in the national health care system also, right? Was that paid for as well?

Don't want to hijack the thread, so sent you a PM Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 66 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just get it

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.