Frequent Contributor

Re: Card with max cashback on resturants

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

U.S. Bank Cash + if you use your two 5% categories on Restaurants and Fast Food (two different categories that would cover all dining charges).

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/cash-plus-signature.html

https://cashplus.usbank.com/?logoutcomplete

According to my last Cash+ statement restaurants are getting reduced to the 2% catagories being replaced by clothing stores in the 5% catagories. Next quarter.

Where was that?  On the statement or a separate thing?   I can't see it on my statements!

Sorry had to start laptop it's under important messages. My statement closed the 15th,

Effective January 1, 2015, a new 5% Cash+ Category will be available: Select Clothing Stores featuring

merchants such as Gap and Talbots. Also effective January 1, 2015, Drugstores will be replaced by

Restaurants as a 2% everyday Cash+ Category. Remember to register for your 5% and 2% categories to

get MORE CASH BACK!

Wow!   If that's the case, in the sock drawer it goes for me in 2015.

Smiley Tongue

Smiley Sad Me to that's the one I use most.

wow, thats terrible news, it goes from a card I use everyday to a complete SD card Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

U.S. Bank Cash + if you use your two 5% categories on Restaurants and Fast Food (two different categories that would cover all dining charges).

According to my last Cash+ statement restaurants are getting reduced to the 2% catagories being replaced by clothing stores in the 5% catagories. Next quarter.

Where was that?  On the statement or a separate thing?   I can't see it on my statements!

Sorry had to start laptop it's under important messages. My statement closed the 15th,

Effective January 1, 2015, a new 5% Cash+ Category will be available: Select Clothing Stores featuring

merchants such as Gap and Talbots. Also effective January 1, 2015, Drugstores will be replaced by

Restaurants as a 2% everyday Cash+ Category. Remember to register for your 5% and 2% categories to

get MORE CASH BACK!

Smiley Tongue

wow, thats terrible news, it goes from a card I use everyday to a complete SD card Smiley Sad

This is not meant as an troll comment but isn't cash+ known for nerfing the 5% categories? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 28
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

get MORE CASH BACK!

Smiley Tongue

Someone please post this as a seperate post my tablets acting up. I also just redeemed rewards so maybe everyone wont get the message because this was included with my reward message.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 23 of 28
yfan
Valued Contributor

That the Cash+ would nerf the restaurant category was to be expected. Next, you can expect the Sams Club 3% on restaurants to fall, and maybe even the AARP. Credit card companies don't earn 3% on your purchases, so they are taking a loss on those transactions hoping that you would use your card with other categories enough to balance it out. That's not been happening apparently on cards like these.

Message 24 of 28
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

coldnmn wrote:

Wow, thank you for posting this information!  I have been debating on app'ing for the cash +, because I spend about 1.5k a month on restaurants and this was the best card I could find.  I am looking for a better card than my PayPal Extras MC, which is 2.5%.  I believe AARP does 3% and at this point, I am not willing to sacrifice a new account and an inq for .5.  Oh wait, I believe AARP is Chase.  They are typically a double puller!  Yep, high price to pay for .5%!

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

get MORE CASH BACK!

Smiley Tongue

how come you have Citi Double and Fidelity Amex ? aren't they both 2% cash back no limits ? 

Message 26 of 28
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how come you have Citi Double and Fidelity Amex ? aren't they both 2% cash back no limits ? 

I applied for Fidelity Amex last month and was happy with that but then I got the $200 cashback offer on Citi Double....and I could not resist Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Fidelity Amex last month and was happy with that but then I got the $200 cashback offer on Citi Double....and I could not resist Smiley Happy

NICE! would had to spend $20,000 to get that $200 otherwise. TD bank offered me $200 bonus but their 5% only lasted 6 months!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.