Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardholder Since??

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Cardholder Since??

FedEx just delivered my BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus card and I was surprised to see printed (not embossed) on the bottom "CARDHOLDER SINCE 03".

Obviously, I've been with them for almost 10 years, but this is the first time that I'm seeing this AMEX type language. 

How long has BofA been printing that on their cards?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Cardholder Since??

Very interesting. My Cash Reward Privileges Card says member since 12

Now I used to have a Worldpoint Plat with them in 2003 that I closed in 2006.

did you have other cards with them prior? I wonder how they will report this to the CRA's. Backdating a la AMEX style?

Message 2 of 12
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I had a secured card back in '03. Six months later, it graduated to become a Premier Gold card (an ugly card, BTW). Just last month, I apped for a product change to the BankAmericard Cash rewards Platinum Plus. Voila! I'm showing CARDHOLDER SINCE 03 and I'm not sure how it'll report. I'm on hold with them now. I'll let you know what happens.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Semms like since its a PC, the account number stays the same so it's logical that they will also keep the original date the card was opened.

If the account number stayed the same, chances are they will report the card member since 03'

Message 4 of 12
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Funny thins is that the card number is different. Every digit.

Message 5 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Now i'm intrigued

Message 6 of 12
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

My experience is that while the account number will change the account history will follow a BOA PC.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 7 of 12
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

OhioCPA: You're correct.

I was told that it won't show as a closure on my CR, it'll appear as a "continuous relationship in the same line even though there are different card numbers. A conversion, not closure."

Message 8 of 12
dns
Established Member

My BofA student visa has had "CARDHOLDER SINCE" ever since I got it in 2008. Hopefully someone can give you a more precise date on it!

(12/2008)BofA Bankamericard: $2.2k, (11/2011)Chase Freedom: $3k, (04/2012)Barclays NFL Extra Points (Seahawks): $250, (08/2012)American Express BlueSky: $16.5k, (08/2012)Discover IT: $4.5k, (08/2012)Walmart Discover: $3.3k, (12/2013)BofA Alaska Airlines: $6.5k, (1/2014)Chase Sapphire Preferred: $8.5k

(11/2011)Chase EX: 756, (09/12)Walmart TU: 743 (08/12)Discover EQ:759 (09/12)CK FAKO:743, (09/12)CS FAKO: 738
Message 9 of 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I have experienced this exactly.  When I applied for my BoA Travel Rewards, the CSR messed up and approved me for the Cash Rewards.  Even though I did a product change immediately, I actually had a Cash Rewards card mailed to me first, then later a Travel Rewards.  The Cash Rewards card was reporting on my credit reports immediately.

The Travel Rewards is a different card with a different number, but eventually the Cash Rewards reporting was removed and the Travel Rewards with new account number replaced it, with same date for when the account opened.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.