Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardmatch.com Results: Cap 1 & First Premier Cards

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Cardmatch.com Results: Cap 1 & First Premier Cards

My Cardmatch results have been stuck on cards like Cap 1's Venture, Quicksilver, and Plat. Prestige (good credit) cards AND the First Premier (rebuilder) results for over a month now even though my scores have increased since I started my rebuild in August. And YES I do clear the old results every time. But these results are IMO a mixed bag b/c it's suggesting cards for good to excellent credit (Cap 1) and-well I don't need to tell anybody about FP-LOL. So is this saying my credit is good with the Cap 1's (b/c it does NOT suggest a secured card with them), or only good enough for rebuilers like FP at this point? And just how accurate is Cardmatch? BTW-I do have Discover IT and an unsecured Visa with my CU.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Cardmatch.com Results: Cap 1 & First Premier Cards

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

My Cardmatch results have been stuck on cards like Cap 1's Venture, Quicksilver, and Plat. Prestige (good credit) cards AND the First Premier (rebuilder) results for over a month now even though my scores have increased since I started my rebuild in August. And YES I do clear the old results every time. But these results are IMO a mixed bag b/c it's suggesting cards for good to excellent credit (Cap 1) and-well I don't need to tell anybody about FP-LOL. So is this saying my credit is good with the Cap 1's (b/c it does NOT suggest a secured card with them), or only good enough for rebuilers like FP at this point? And just how accurate is Cardmatch? BTW-I do have Discover IT and an unsecured Visa with my CU.

Those sites will only recommend cards offered by lenders who have paid the site to participate in their marketing program.

Remember - if it is free, you aren't the customer - you are the product.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 6
montoya83
Established Member

Just google the card you want and put prequalifier after it. It usually will take you to that companies website and sometimes there will be a prequalifier page that will do a soft check to see if you would qualify. You would be suprised on some of the cards you could obtain that cardmatch doesnt show.

Chase SWAirlines 5k | AMEX Hilton Honors 2k | Capital Quick Silver 2k | Capital One 1.5k | Citi Hilton Reserve 7k
Message 3 of 6
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the responses. @montoya83: I've been to most of the pre-qual sites, BofA, Cap 1, Chase, Citi, and they all come up with "no matches-but we do recommend this...."  Even on Cap 1. I've read where ppl (with slightly better scores and CR's than mine) are often pre-qual for AMEX and Chase cards on Cardmatch is the reason I'm curious.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

For most lender-specific websites where a pre-screened option is available, common wisdon dictates that folks with better credit profiles will likely qualify for a pre-approval versus those who may be borderline or with subpar profiles.

Message 5 of 6
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Think of this site as a big prequalifer website.  If you post your FICO scores and details on your credit profile and ask for recommendations on cards you could get and what kind of cards you are looking for, you will likely get better and more accurate recommendations than cardmatch or any such service.  There is no way cardmatch can accurately predict your approvals without at least getting your credit report which it doesn't.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.