Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardmatch

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cardmatch

I am actually wanting Chase in a bad way. In spite of its populartiy though I dont see myself using the Freedom much. I really only buy groceries and pay bills with my cards. I would like the CSP for 3 reasons, travel rewards, points on restaurants (i do go out to eat on the occasion), and third I live in NYC and travel alot by taxi or train and these both get double points as well. I don't think I'm quite in prime position to score CSP just yet ,but as of now all my balances are 0 although they have yet to report as so and I'm still wating for Citi to show on my report as well. Probably gonna pull the trigger on CSP next month. I am a little worried about the amount of inquiries showing on my Experian but I hear Chase recon is good.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 11 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I am actually wanting Chase in a bad way. In spite of its populartiy though I dont see myself using the Freedom much. I really only buy groceries and pay bills with my cards. I would like the CSP for 3 reasons, travel rewards, points on restaurants (i do go out to eat on the occasion), and third I live in NYC and travel alot by taxi or train and these both get double points as well. I don't think I'm quite in prime position to score CSP just yet ,but as of now all my balances are 0 although they have yet to report as so and I'm still wating for Citi to show on my report as well. Probably gonna pull the trigger on CSP next month. I am a little worried about the amount of inquiries showing on my Experian but I hear Chase recon is good.

I'm in NYC as well. Any idea if the double points would apply to metrocards? The freedom card is my everyday spend card at the moment with the idea being that I will eventually get the CSP and then move all the points generated on my freedom over to CSP (or maybe ink bold). This year in an earlier quarter the freedom gave 5 points per $1 on restaurant spend, which rocked. I also just did a long road trip recently and get a nice bonus on money spent on gas. Plus it does not have an AF which means you can keep it open without worrying about the value. The 0% Introductory APR is nice as well, although I don't use that feature. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 15
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I would've loved to gotten in when the restaurant promo was going. If they offer it again I will likely app, the only other way I would consider apping is if I need a 0% card and right now all or my cards are 0% besides the secured one that is getting the boot at the 1 yr mark (november). I'm not sure if the CSP will work for Metrocards but I strongly believe that it will bc "trains" is listed as a category. Either way its a risk I'm willing to take. Double points on taxis alone for me would make the AF worth it. Just a side note the no AF Chase Sapphire doesnt get double points for taxis and trains. Thats why I wont consider apping for that card instead.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 13 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

Yea, I wouldn't recommend the CS since I don't think its that great. The CSP is worth the AF for the points transfer ability.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 15
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

All I've ever seen are AMEX BCE/P and charge cards.

American Express has a deal with CreditCards.com to offer slightly higher sign up bonus for only a handful of cards. Every other card i would assume they get a refferal bonus but there isn't a difference between them and the offical sites. When I check on there AMEX cards didnt' show up until after I was approved for one. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.