Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards That Blacklist

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cards That Blacklist

@gdale6 wrote:

Citi denied me just last month for Dividend Card, their reason BK in 1996 for 18K with them. They have a long memory but it is YMMV, I have read about others getting in less than 10 yrs after burning them for even larger amounts.

Indeed, some lenders do have long memories, more so if you burned them for a sizable sum.  Yet, some have been able to have Cumbaya sessions with those lenders and are let back in...YEMV.

Message 31 of 40
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

My bankruptcy was discharged in February 2012. I closed my AmEx years before my filing. When I went to apply for a new AmEx, it was declined due to my bankruptcy. I even called in to recon and was shot down.

a 2012 BK is too recent for serious consideration by AMEX.  Posters have reported being approved by AMEX, but only after the BK was 7-8 yrs old, and even then there are no promises. 

You need to put some distance between you and you BK before you apply again.

Message 32 of 40
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I have enough new lines of credit now that I'm not worried about getting an AmEx or another card from Chase or Citi.  I plan on letting these new accounts age and grow nicely.  Maybe one day....

Message 33 of 40
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I actually wanted to add something about BoA.

Apparently, BoA will let you back in at some point. I was just pre-approved for a BankAmericard a few weeks ago. lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 34 of 40
DBSH
New Contributor

I had BofA card that I ended up settling for less than full amount, because I wanted to put the whole thing behind me and start the long journey to rebuild my credit and while I started with a small secured card which I had to call and recon several times for. I have since (18 months) moved to $2500 secured and couldn't be happier.

The credit analyst did ask me what happened with my previous BofA card so I dont know if thats off the internal records or the CR.

I am curious to know about Chase and Citi myself

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 35 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@injustifiiable wrote:

I actually wanted to add something about BoA.

Apparently, BoA will let you back in at some point. I was just pre-approved for a BankAmericard a few weeks ago. lol

It's still a YEMV situation for every individual who burned BOA (or any lender for that matter).  There have been some folks that BOA will still not give the welcome mat.

Message 36 of 40
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!

+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.

I burned Chase for over $80K in my BK.  I have a United MileagePlus Club card now.  As always, YMMV.  

How much time passed between your BK and your obtaining the United Mileage Club card? 

Message 37 of 40
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I had an MBNA CC from 15yrs ago, was young and dumb and it went into CO. It dropped off my CR since and my file are clean now. Applied for a Bofa CC 2yrs ago and was declined. Chase and Amex gave me cards but not Bofa. Never will I app for another Bofa as I am sure they have blacklisted me for life.

Message 38 of 40
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I thought this thread looked familiar lol. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 39 of 40
sjt
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

I am curious myself about AMEX. I have heard by many that they blacklist, but my situation was a little different. I was AA'd and my account was closed. I paid the balance in full and they never lost a dime. I am hoping to get back in with them at a later date. 

I dont think you were put on a blacklist.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.