Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

Bank of America, chase, citi, American Express and Wells Fargo are known to maintain blacklists. Generally it's easier to get back in with Bank of America, as compared to citi / chase / Amex, but it's not that easy either.

The hardest few probably would be chase / citi / Amex. Then again, it all depends. Some people were able to get back in after 5-8 years, while some are still blacklisted even after 2-3 decades. I suspect it has to do with the amount you burned them for, the type of account, and the date.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

Chase was $81k and I don't remenber AMEX. Was probably at least $40k.

Cap 1 Venture $15KCap 1 Venture One $13KCap 1 Quicksilver $12K“BarclayCap 1 Quicksilver $10KApple Rewards $4400Merrick $2200Lowes $17KWalmart $15KJC Penney $10K
|**$15000**|***$13000***|****$12000**|***$10500***|***$10000***|****$7400***|***$2000***|***$17000***|***$15000***|***$10000**|
EQ08 - 743 | TU08 - 745 | EX08 - 746 |
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,797
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist


masscredit wrote:

Chase was $81k and I don't remenber AMEX. Was probably at least $40k.


Ugh, I doubt they will forget a hit like that anytime soon.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 826 4/16/17, Last App 4/16/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until undecided
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,606
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

BoA did the same thing to me. I was with MBNA America when the big BK came. They ate $57K and who do you think took them over? BoA. Yes,it has not been pretty.
Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 832
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎07-11-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

Walmart TU 823 (Most Recent) EX 807 EQ 810
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,215
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

I am curious myself about AMEX. I have heard by many that they blacklist, but my situation was a little different. I was AA'd and my account was closed. I paid the balance in full and they never lost a dime. I am hoping to get back in with them at a later date. 


Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,489
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist


Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!


+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,215
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist


CreditScholar wrote:

Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!


+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.


Agreed. I think at best you are looking at a low limit secured... at best. Come to think of it, I can't think of a Chase secured card...


Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,489
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist

[ Edited ]

azguy13 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!


+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.


Agreed. I think at best you are looking at a low limit secured... at best. Come to think of it, I can't think of a Chase secured card...


I wouldn't even bother with either Chase or AMEX anymore, or at least not for a very very long time (decades). Your best bet is to focus on other lenders instead.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,215
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Cards That Blacklist


CreditScholar wrote:

azguy13 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Networth wrote:

My girlfriend used to work for Chase in quiet a few departments starting at collections and ending as a credit analyst. From what she has told Chase will probably never forgive because of the amount you "burned" them on. but as always YMMV, good luck!


+1. If you burned them for that much, your chances of getting back with Chase and Amex are virtually none.


Agreed. I think at best you are looking at a low limit secured... at best. Come to think of it, I can't think of a Chase secured card...


I wouldn't even bother with either Chase or AMEX anymore, or at least not for a very very long time (decades). Your best bet is to focus on other lenders instead.


Im thinking a CU is the best way to go. They are more personal and you can build a good relationship with them


Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.