Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards That May Approve update: went for Dicover it & got approved

tag
sideshowmer
Established Member

Re: Cards That May Approve

See above...I have provided some  info on this thread... denied because they told me my history was lacking

Message 11 of 14
clocktick
Valued Contributor

What are your FICO scores?

Did you try to do a recon with Chase yet?  I got all 4 of my Chase cards from doing a recon.  If the recon doesn't work, try again...and again. 

As others have suggested, you can go for the Discover too.  The Chase HP is on one CR (most likely) and the Discover will be one more (or two if they pull another) but as Creditaddict stated, it doesn't matter if you're not going for a house or any other sort of loan.  Plus, inquiries disappear eventually anyway.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 14
sideshowmer
Established Member

I really don't want a discover card because the benefits are not anything great just like my current citi card. The reason I want a Chase,  because I want to  cultivate their cards and my goal is to get a sapphire so that is why I tried to get a Freedom at first to start a relationship with Chase. BTW, I did try a recon with Chase the second time the lady didn't even try, she just read the notes on my file from my first attempt .

Message 13 of 14
trzarocks

Do any of the GECRB store cards appeal to you?  Lots of people start out with the Walmart card.  Amazon can be useful if you shop there a lot.

My point here is that they are easy to get and tend to grow quickly.  Apply, call backdoor for limit bump, and work them every 4 months for another increase.  You might have yourself a $5k tradeline in 8 months.  Assuming low util, it's hard to say that Chase wouldn't like seeing a larger tradeline in your credit history.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.