tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cards That Report Authorized Users

@futurepharmd1984 wrote:

I just got Chase Freedom last week

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@cdub69 wrote:

What cards actually report authorized users to the credit bureau?Citibank and Chase do not at least that's what they told me.

Chase does report AUs.  I know this firsthand.

Wells Fargo also reports AUs, and even makes a point of stating this in mailings I've received from them:

"Information on authorized users

• Please note that we report authorized users on our customers' credit card accounts to the major credit bureaus
  • Any authorized user on your account will now be reported as a user, but not as an individual responsible for paying the balance"

Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

, added my husband, they dont report AU, they also didnt ask for Social at time, same with Chase Slate, they dont report AU, didnt ask for social.  I can tell you American Express Delta Airlines definetly does and ask for SSN of AU at time of sign up

Welcome to the forum.  Unfortunately, the thread you responded to is a few years old but the data is still current.  

Chase does report AUs and they do not ask for SSN.  I'm on several of my DHs as he is on mind- no issues. 

Amex AUs are actually ACMs with separate account numbers and they do report their ACMs. 

If your are having an issue with your AU reporting, make sure your data matches the CRA- same address,last name etc.

Message 31 of 41
vegastim13
New Contributor

Wow this thread is old! Interesting contribution I have, I have two Cap1 cards with my SO an AU on both. Only my QS1 reports on his, not my  Platnium.

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex asked for DHs soc. And reports. Discover reports as well, but I don't remember if they asked for his soc.
Message 33 of 41
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Op chase does report authorized users. walmart, chevron, 76 gas all Sychrony bank accts. Amx and discover.
Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides Cap One, so does Barclays. PenFed doesn't, as I put my wife on as AU on my Amex and it's never shown on her CRs.

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover didn't ask for my BF social..just his name and dob if I'm not mistaken
Message 36 of 41
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover does indeed ask for SSN

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't read this entire thread so forgive me if I am repeating what has already been answered here. But my DBF is AU on several of my accounts, and they all report on his reports: Discover IT, Cap One Quicksilver One, Amex BCE, WalMart (I never intended to add him to this one; it was an accident while I was playing around with the site. Never activated his card but it still reports to him). I think that is it. I did not add him to my other Quicksilver, Amazon, or Fashion Bug cards so I can't speak for them.

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover does indeed ask for SSN

Yup. It sure did Smiley Tongue

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

DiscoverIT - my hubby got a +20 score bump when he started reporting as an AU on my card.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.