App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards YOU have Blacklisted!

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't sound like you blacklisted these companies by choice..

Capital One is only forgiving to subprime borrowers because they know it is better to "sell a guy 5 cars over 15 years rather than rip him off on one, one time."

Nixon as noted I haven't even tried for Chase nor Citi because my scores are not high enough, so yes it is by choice because I just don't like the "attitude" that I see they have.  Again, I may change my tune, but this is how I feel (by choice) and yes I get Capitol One is best for subprime but now I see what they are doing with Venture, etc. my hope is that I can continue to grow with them.

I see. I could have sworn you tried a Chase app recently and were denied because of your EQ file. Chase isn't necessarily "snobby" as much as they are selective. Selectivity is how they stay in business, Any of these companies; Really. Remember that people with 800 scores get CreditOne denials too.

Citi is an interesting lender for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to BL them. They just happen to be stringent -- And they have wonderful air mile bonuses to churn.

You have a heck of a memory there Nixon, I was talking about it but YOU talked me out of it! Smiley LOL  The other reason I didn't was reading all the things that people (that are similar with my situation) had to say, so that helped form my opinion.

There are people with similar scores to yours (EX, TU) that have gotten in with Chase with decent limits.

yes but, I believe you said to me when I was looking that even if you have a 9 plus year BK make sure it is LONG gone before even trying.  I have also heard of other VERY old things that prevented them from getting.  Again, as I grow, don't be shocked if I research and find I have a different feeling BUT for now, that be my feeling Smiley Happy

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 21 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is only forgiving to subprime borrowers because they know it is better to "sell a guy 5 cars over 15 years rather than rip him off on one, one time."

Nixon as noted I haven't even tried for Chase nor Citi because my scores are not high enough, so yes it is by choice because I just don't like the "attitude" that I see they have.  Again, I may change my tune, but this is how I feel (by choice) and yes I get Capitol One is best for subprime but now I see what they are doing with Venture, etc. my hope is that I can continue to grow with them.

I see. I could have sworn you tried a Chase app recently and were denied because of your EQ file. Chase isn't necessarily "snobby" as much as they are selective. Selectivity is how they stay in business, Any of these companies; Really. Remember that people with 800 scores get CreditOne denials too.

Citi is an interesting lender for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to BL them. They just happen to be stringent -- And they have wonderful air mile bonuses to churn.

You have a heck of a memory there Nixon, I was talking about it but YOU talked me out of it! Smiley LOL  The other reason I didn't was reading all the things that people (that are similar with my situation) had to say, so that helped form my opinion.

There are people with similar scores to yours (EX, TU) that have gotten in with Chase with decent limits.

yes but, I believe you said to me when I was looking that even if you have a 9 plus year BK make sure it is LONG gone before even trying.  I have also heard of other VERY old things that prevented them from getting.  Again, as I grow, don't be shocked if I research and find I have a different feeling BUT for now, that be my feeling Smiley Happy

Notice I said scores, but not profile. I am still of the opinion that your BK will need to be dead and buried for a little while before you can get in with some of these prime lenders.

How do you feel about AMEX? Did you burn them?

Message 22 of 62
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Notice I said scores, but not profile. I am still of the opinion that your BK will need to be dead and buried for a little while before you can get in with some of these prime lenders.

How do you feel about AMEX? Did you burn them?

I believe and agree with you...AMEX, never had so never in my young and dumb days had the chance (thank goodness) to burn them.  I'm still a little afraid (don't know why) to app for them.  Trying to wait a few more months to get the scores up a little more.  Would LOVE to have and will have them some day.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 23 of 62
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wouldn't say "blacklisted" but I don't care for Chase, overall, as much as most people do. For one, the majority of their worthwhile cards are travel geared. Technically they do not even have a general spending card that's useful for a non traveller, unless you count Freedom which to me, doesn't count as 1% on non-bonus categories is not exactly exciting. I like my Amazon card OK, but 2% dining is what I primarily use it for, and the edge on that over 1.5% Quicksilver is not exactly setting the world on fire.

The bigger issue I have with them is they really aren't interested in growing with people, both from my experience and from what I read. People have $500 Freedoms on this forum that they've had for years, and years, and years, and Chase has never budged on CLI. Now, they aren't the only one to do this; Cap One has some customers with low Quicksilvers or what have you too, but at least Cap One doesn't require a HP to even try and get a CLI!

I dunno, I think the HP for CLI with Chase and the lack of APR reductions really turn me off. Their cards are great for travellers who will get big limits, enjoy the bonuses and use the miles (and won't care about getting a CLI or APR reduction). For most other people? Most of the options are mediocre and they don't care about improving your card with your profile. JMO.

Message 24 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really have a black list, I have a card from most prime CCC (amex, chase, discover) except citi. But now that I think about it I was just denied earlier this week for a citi Diamond Prefered (?) they sent me a mail offer and they offered 18 months 0% so I thought what the heck. Applied and was denied. I don't know if it was for my recent inquiries or this is MY particular CCC that doesn't like me. IDK I kind of think it was because of my new accounts though because my scores are 750 + or -.
Message 25 of 62
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't really have a black list, I have a card from most primeCCC (amex, chase, discover) exceptciti. But now that I think about it I was just denied earlier this week for aciti DiamondPrefered (?) they sent me a mail offer and they offered 18 months 0% so I thought what the heck. Applied and was denied. I don't know if it was for my recent inquiries or this is MY particularCCC that doesn't like me.IDK I kind of think it was because of my new accounts though because my scores are 750 + or -.

Doesn't get much worse than getting something in the mail to entice then DENIED!  Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 62
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  And sometimes, they do give you added growth along your credit journey, but you need to pull EO teeth, Smiley Wink

Of course, that's not for everyone, I just have to weigh the value of the three HP's, and how much I can get out of them before chucking and jiving,

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 62
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  And sometimes, they do give you added growth along your credit journey, but you need to pull EO teeth, Smiley Wink

Of course, that's not for everyone, I just have to weigh the value of the three HP's, and hiw much I can get out of them before chucking and jiving,

I do wish they would get out of the 3 pull game, that does bite!

Message 28 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've blacklisted any airline specific cards or store cards. Oh and US Bank. My parents use them and they're a total PITA to deal with. I use Wells Fargo, who aren't much better, but still...

Message 29 of 62
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

I pretty much like anyone who gives me free money for 30 days.

And even pays me 2% or so to spend it.

I did make citi wait 10 years between usage because their rep told me that my payments would go to the low interst rate proportionally.  That was a lie back then.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.