Did you mean: 

Cards YOU have Blacklisted!

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Cards YOU have Blacklisted!

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't sound like you blacklisted these companies by choice..

Capital One is only forgiving to subprime borrowers because they know it is better to "sell a guy 5 cars over 15 years rather than rip him off on one, one time."

Nixon as noted I haven't even tried for Chase nor Citi because my scores are not high enough, so yes it is by choice because I just don't like the "attitude" that I see they have.  Again, I may change my tune, but this is how I feel (by choice) and yes I get Capitol One is best for subprime but now I see what they are doing with Venture, etc. my hope is that I can continue to grow with them.

What "attitude" is that?  That they are "prime"?

Message 11 of 62
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is only forgiving to subprime borrowers because they know it is better to "sell a guy 5 cars over 15 years rather than rip him off on one, one time."

Nixon as noted I haven't even tried for Chase nor Citi because my scores are not high enough, so yes it is by choice because I just don't like the "attitude" that I see they have.  Again, I may change my tune, but this is how I feel (by choice) and yes I get Capitol One is best for subprime but now I see what they are doing with Venture, etc. my hope is that I can continue to grow with them.

I see. I could have sworn you tried a Chase app recently and were denied because of your EQ file. Chase isn't necessarily "snobby" as much as they are selective. Selectivity is how they stay in business, Any of these companies; Really. Remember that people with 800 scores get CreditOne denials too.

Citi is an interesting lender for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to BL them. They just happen to be stringent -- And they have wonderful air mile bonuses to churn.

You have a heck of a memory there Nixon, I was talking about it but YOU talked me out of it! Smiley LOL  The other reason I didn't was reading all the things that people (that are similar with my situation) had to say, so that helped form my opinion.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 12 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier and similarly predatory companies.

That's about it. Although I'd have to be very desperate to apply for anything with BoA. They left a sour taste in my mouth with their banking practices. Chase too, except I want an Ink for my business (rewards, milk ol' JP for every penny he'll give me. Smiley Very Happy )

Message 13 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

Popa I had a Platinum years ago with Crap One that CO'ed. Due to fall off next year. They have been a PITA to deal with clearing that matter. When I started rebuilding CK said I was good to go with a Cap card. WRONG!!! They triple pulled me and denied me. Rather than moving on to somebody else for a secured which is what I should have done, I thought surely since they JUST tripled pulled me they won't do it again. WRONG!!!! SIX hps in less than 30 mins. I kept secured card 11 months and closed it!! They can kiss my you know what.

I have banked with Wells Fargo 10 years. Yet every other bank has extended me credit but my own damn bank. I have over $100k in credit. Not a dime from them. They denied me. Yet Amex can give me $25k off the same report(EX)? Unacceptable. Which is why I joined a local credit union just today and will be moving every dime out of WF.
Message 14 of 62
happypill
Valued Contributor

I have Chase on my BL for now but would be willing to reconsider sometime down the road...probably exactly how they feel about me!  Smiley Very Happy

When I hit financial difficulties in ~2009, I had credit cards with BofA, Citi and Chase, about $5k each.  BofA and Citi submitted late notices & eventually CO, but otherwise left me alone.  Chase, on the other hand, was as nasty as possible, sending a process server to my parents house and eventually filed a lawsuit and got a judgment - I was notified a few months ago that the judgment is now part of some robosigning, falsified information class action lawsuit.

Eventually, I found a good job, started tackling my debts and settled with all three lenders for basically the same amount.  Chase just went out on a limb (possibly illegally) to make things as difficult as possible.  I don't blame any of them for my financial difficulties, or if they want to BL me, but I'll probably send my business elsewhere in the future.  If I get back in with Chase in the future, it will be to churn for some points.  I doubt I'll ever want to carry their card as a primary choice in my wallet.

Message 15 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see. I could have sworn you tried a Chase app recently and were denied because of your EQ file. Chase isn't necessarily "snobby" as much as they are selective. Selectivity is how they stay in business, Any of these companies; Really. Remember that people with 800 scores get CreditOne denials too.

Citi is an interesting lender for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to BL them. They just happen to be stringent -- And they have wonderful air mile bonuses to churn.

You have a heck of a memory there Nixon, I was talking about it but YOU talked me out of it! Smiley LOL  The other reason I didn't was reading all the things that people (that are similar with my situation) had to say, so that helped form my opinion.

There are people with similar scores to yours (EX, TU) that have gotten in with Chase with decent limits.

Message 16 of 62
chalupaman
Super Contributor

After thinking about it, Citi's not completely out of the question for the reasons Nixon stated here and I'd be glad to give them another chance in the distant future if they come out with anything worth getting and when I have less recent EX inquiries too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First Premier and similarly predatory companies.

That's about it. Although I'd have to be very desperate to apply for anything with BoA. They left a sour taste in my mouth with their banking practices. Chase too, except I want an Ink for my business (rewards, milk ol' JP for every penny he'll give me. Smiley Very Happy )

This.

Message 18 of 62
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Popa I had a Platinum years ago with Crap One that CO'ed. Due to fall off next year. They have been a PITA to deal with clearing that matter. When I started rebuilding CK said I was good to go with a Cap card. WRONG!!! They triple pulled me and denied me. Rather than moving on to somebody else for a secured which is what I should have done, I thought surely since they JUST tripled pulled me they won't do it again. WRONG!!!! SIX hps in less than 30 mins. I kept secured card 11 months and closed it!! They can kiss my you know what.

I have banked with Wells Fargo 10 years. Yet every other bank has extended me credit but my own damn bank. I have over $100k in credit. Not a dime from them. They denied me. Yet Amex can give me $25k off the same report(EX)? Unacceptable. Which is why I joined a local credit union just today and will be moving every dime out of WF.

As I've said in other threads, WF didn't start giving me anything good until after I closed my checking account with them and I also proved that you don't necessarily need to have their products like that to get their cards though having a retail card from them helps just in case. They can be very bizarre sometimes but not impossible to figure out.

The CapOne mishap there is brutal and sounds a lot worse than what I had to put up with recently.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 19 of 62
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right?!

A person in the low-600s shouldn't gripe about prime banks being unwilling to lend to them as non-prime borrowers, IMO.

"it's my post and I'll gripe if I want to, gripe if I want too!" AGAIN, I'm not "griping about "prime banks" unwilling to lend to us lowly 600ish  folks, I'm saying I don't LIKE the perceived (MY PERCEPTION) attitudes of said companies.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.