cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

I've also not yet found a card that I can't obtain as I've never been denied a credit card, though I can't say I've always been instantly approved.  This was also a pretty eventful year for me with 3 new cards, so I won't be applying for any other cards for quite some time.  I suppose I could always run into one at somepoint though that I just can't get.

Message 41 of 59
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've also not yet found a card that I can't obtain as I've never been denied a credit card, though I can't say I've always been instantly approved.  This was also a pretty eventful year for me with 3 new cards, so I won't be applying for any other cards for quite some time.  I suppose I could always run into one at somepoint though that I just can't get.

Thanks Koop. It's good to know I'm not alone. Smiley Happy

Speaking of new cards, is there any reason you picked a MC for the sapphire preferred?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 42 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the main reason was so that I could use it at Sam's Club, since they only take MC and Discover, and I already carry two Visas (Freedom and debit card).

Message 43 of 59
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

For me, my nemesis is Citi.  I am 0/2 different products, both years apart!

Once denied for a secured, years later for a Dividend.

If I am up for the pain, I might try for the Diamond Preferred at some point to add a M/C to the mix (if Chase doesn't PC my Freedom from VISA to M/C first).

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 44 of 59
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

I want a JCB for some reason though I can't have one because it's not offered in my state.

Message 45 of 59
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I can't seem to get approved for a Chase card, though I've managed to pass hurdles for major credit sticklers like AMEX and US Bank (and have gotten healthy credit limits).

I havent tried recently because I have a judgement on my credit report and wont try for a while as I'm gardening now, but they are still a target in my crosshairs.

Message 46 of 59
rtw
Established Contributor

I am 0/2 for the Amex BCP. Just SPs though since I'm already a member. Last denial had me at 687 EX. Hoping once my score breaks 700 I'll be in.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 47 of 59
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Anybody who has had this issue with Discover.. Hopefully the IT card will bring better results... Its supposed to be the Zync of Discover... Basically, a prime card that's credit requirement are more "loose" than Discovers other cards... with that said I wouldn't expect any big CL's with this card but hey, it can hopefully get our foot in the door with Discover!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 59
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Anybody who has had this issue with Discover.. Hopefully the IT card will bring better results... Its supposed to be the Zync of Discover... Basically, a prime card that's credit requirement are more "loose" than Discovers other cards... with that said I wouldn't expect any big CL's with this card but hey, it can hopefully get our foot in the door with Discover!

Discover won't budge for me because they apparently keep pulling my EQ (they do this in the northeast a big, apparently) which is uglier than my TU. *sigh*

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 49 of 59
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

None yet. I've been instantly approved for every card I've ever applied for.

Good for you but you are kind of missing the point of this thread.

Oh I understood perfectly

Great, do you want a cookie?

Heeheehee.  hahahaa.  Smiley LOL

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.