Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

Re: Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

RockinRay wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

600 to 4600 ? Did you run a ton of  $$ through it ?

I only use this card for booze at Sam's club!  :smileyhappy: Maybe $100 per month - max...

Two steps, first CLI was from $600 to $1600. Next from $1600 to $4600 where it sits today. I do not need this card but I keep it open for the free TU FICO.

I think in three months, I can try for another CLI. Goal is $10k for this card.

Actually, i app'd for the Walmart card twice before and didnt get that one either... i should probably try apping in the store... for some reason i get the feeling that your chances are better if you app in a store as opposed to online or by phone..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
Jlu

[ Edited ]

RockinRay wrote:

Goal is $10k for this card.

Why would you ever need a $10k limit on a Walmart card? Sams Club doesn't sell Dom Pérignon AFAIK.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
Frequent Contributor
AF_23

Jlu wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

Why would you ever need a $10k limit on a Walmart card? Sams Club doesn't sell Dom Pérignon AFAIK.

:smileylol:

Established Contributor
flowfaster

My Wally card is at 10K and the huge CL is just for LOL's.  I got it up to 10k in 1 year.  400-700-1400-2400-5000-10000.  I love GE bank!!!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Frequent Contributor
AF_23

flowfaster wrote:

My Wally card is at 10K and the huge CL is just for LOL's.  I got it up to 10k in 1 year.  400-700-1400-2400-5000-10000.  I love GE bank!!!

wow

Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

[ Edited ]

So far Ive been lucky.

Apped for Amex Delta in March - Denied

Reapplied 1 week ago today - Approved (already pushed $200 through card :smileyhappy: )  2k CL

Walmart (jumped the gun on this one an apped too early in rebuild in June) - Denied

Reapplied 1 week ago today - Approved for Walmart Discover 1.8k CL

The only other card I havent gotten was store credit at Restoration Hardware.  I dont need it but I may reapply for there after I refi just to say I have it.  (They have this ridiculously cool couch I want.)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Jlu wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

Just a personal goal to see how high I can get it! Still will only buy booze with it though!  :smileyvery-happy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

AF_23 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

I only use this card for booze at Sam's club!  :smileyhappy: Maybe $100 per month - max...

Two steps, first CLI was from $600 to $1600. Next from $1600 to $4600 where it sits today. I do not need this card but I keep it open for the free TU FICO.

Wow, are they auto CLI or did you also ask/counter offer ? Impressive

I called in at 4 months on each CLI.  I always ask for $10k and let them counter... Maybe next time....  :smileytongue:

Ray

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Tommy5746 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

Actually, i app'd for the Walmart card twice before and didnt get that one either... i should probably try apping in the store... for some reason i get the feeling that your chances are better if you app in a store as opposed to online or by phone..

Yes, this worked for me. When I app'd at the store, they asked me for my dl as well as a credit card that they swiped. Funny, it took like 3 seconds to approve. My "opening" line was $600 and it was the Discover. I thought when the card got here, I might have a little better CL but it was the same.

Funny, the card I gave them to swipe at app time was my Amex BCE, at that time it had a CL of $22,200 and zero balance.  And they gave me $600!  :smileymad:

Ray

Contributor
firesoul453

I have an amex, chase, citi, and discover. But the US bank visa signature + seems to be impossible to get....

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+