cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Cards You Just Can't Seem To Obtain!

CITI

I'm 0-3 with them in the last 2 years.

Reason: Always too many inqs (even with 4 inqs on EX at that time) bogus...bogus

Message 51 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I can't seem to get approved for the Citi Forward card...and it eats me when I see a CITI student card approved with NO income and mine denied b/c of inquires...What gives CITI! Oh and Chase Freedom...I think I applied to them when I had no credit...denied of course due to lack of credit at the time. Maybe I should try again since I bank with them??

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 52 of 59
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well im not denied by any i want atm. 

i guess costco true earnings lol. 

i was 0 for 4 for chase. (honestly dont even remember the cards i apped for) 

but this summer was approved for a freedom instantly. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 53 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Cards I'm thinking of applying for in a few months are:

Amex Blue Cash

Chase Freedom or BofA Cash Rewards

Citi Forward

They really need to have one super awesome card with all the features I want on one!

Though I did get a preapproval offer from AMEX for their gold card but me no likey AFs...lol

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 54 of 59
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I had to kick and scream to get in with Citi finally.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 55 of 59
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCP - I've been jonesing for it for months and have applied a few times, but no love.  I've had a Amex PRG since July.  Also can't seem to get any Citi card - applied for Simplicity, Forward and Dividend and no for all of them.  Applied in June.  Chase likes me though - approved for United Club Visa and Mileage Explorer Visa at end of May.  Will let my inquiries age a bit and maybe give the BCP another shot in December.  I'm going to forget Citi for now.

Message 56 of 59
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Anycard with a 2k or more CL.... lol

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 57 of 59
CS800
Super Contributor

I will eventually get in with CITI. I said the same thing about BOA and they gave me a card some months ago.

I want the CITI Diamond

Message 58 of 59
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Actually Tommy, applying in the store doesnt help your chances.

For about 15 years, the "credit staff" in most stores are just filling out information which goes to a central processing center where credit decisions are made.  The store staff are just clerks that input data and reply "yes" or "you will get a letter".

If you apply via phone, often its the same thing.  A central group actually analyzes the data and makes decisions; phone staff are often just clerks putting in data.

If there isnt enough information, or they want to talk to you, they will transfer you or tell you to call the credit decision dept; those are the only people that can help turn a "maybe" or a "no" into a "yes".

Its all organized this way for cost-reduction; rather than a credit staffer at every store (or a credit dept, like Sears used to have back in the day), they just have regular cheap clerks handle data entry, and a full-time group located offsite that does analysis and decisions.  Not only is this cheaper to operate, it insulates the bank from accusations of making unfair credit decisions based on discrimination (race, gender, etc).

Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.