Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards cut loose.........

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Cards cut loose.........

Well ...i finally gave my Best buy store  and chevron gas card the axe....i know why shut them down???

my chevron card was only 1 yr old and never used since approved for AMEX BCP......

Best buy store card wa not going to grow with me plan B account and had only a 1500 limit......was also approved for CSP so my gain in utlization will help .....my aoaa will take a hit but i have all the cards i need...

officially in garden mode.....

thanks all

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards cut loose.........

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Well ...i finally gave my Best buy store  and chevron gas card the axe....i know why shut them down???

my chevron card was only 1 yr old and never used since approved for AMEX BCP......

Best buy store card wa not going to grow with me plan B account and had only a 1500 limit......was also approved for CSP so my gain in utlization will help .....my aoaa will take a hit but i have all the cards i need...

thanks all

Go Bears (next year sigh)! How old was best buy?

Message 2 of 7
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

thanks all

Go Bears (next year sigh)! How old was best buy?

2008........hurts alittle but the benefits of other cards will grow with me so not worried

Message 3 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

If the card is no use to you, close it down! It wil still report for 10 years so I do not think it is a big deal. Others will argure this point though..  Smiley Happy

In my case, I have way too many cards as it stands, and I do not want to track them. I really use only 5 cards on a regular basis.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

My Best Buy card will be getting the axe in June, when it hits 1 year.

The $300 CL is worthless to me.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

My thinking at this time to kill:

1. Discover - $5k

2. CapOne Cash Plus - $5k

3. Carnival rewards (Barclay) - $4500

4. Amex Delta Gold (merge with BCE) - $5k

There are others that I have to think about.......

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

You have enough in available credit that those two cards could be canned.  Good job!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.