Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Re: Cards for Limited History to Help Rebuild?

+1 

I absolutely agree with the increasing the CL with your Cap 1 Secured card.  What a great idea! 

IMHO, however, I don't necessarily agree with the continuing to app for anything for a while though I do see merrits to the argument to do so.

Just a word of advice regarding Barclays... they are very app sensitive so if you app and get approved, don't app for at 6 months afterwards or you really do risk getting shut down with your limited credit experience.  But as always... YMMV and I wish you the best of luck.  I really think you are off to a GREAT start!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Mickey11

What are the requirements for the Amex Zync? I've been lurking here and I'm in a similar boat as the OP

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Frequent Contributor
dookdig

Mickey11 wrote:
What are the requirements for the Amex Zync? I've been lurking here and I'm in a similar boat as the OP

I think minimum requirement is 6 months credit history which could generate fico score. min ex fico I saw people get approved is 620 but that's rare. 650 would be safer.

Not too many inquiries, preferrably less than 4.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+