Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards providing free credit score?

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cards providing free credit score?

I just discovered, about 5 minutes ago, that my Barclays Frontier mastercard provides a TransRisk score with my statement.  I never noticed it online before.  I'm new to any scoring other than MyFico so I'm not sure what make/model this is.  I do know its provided by TU ...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@codimom wrote:

I just discovered, about 5 minutes ago, that my Barclays Frontier mastercard provides a TransRisk score with my statement.  I never noticed it online before.  I'm new to any scoring other than MyFico so I'm not sure what make/model this is.  I do know its provided by TU ...

And, it is another worthless fake score, it is used by NO lenders anywhere.  NONE of the credit monitoring services offer a REAL FICO® score. That's why its best to only look at your credit REPORTS from any credit monitoring service and always, ignore the scores.

Message 12 of 17
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I normally only pay attention to the one I get from myFico.. since every other FAKO score is different, on different scale, different settings etc.  I can honestly see how someone can obsess over all the different numbers/scores out there.  . 

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 13 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

Alliant CU and US Bank credit card also provide free credit score.

Ron.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

Alliant CU and US Bank credit card also provide free credit score.

Ron.

Not sure about Alliant CU but, I do have a US Bank Visa and, they DO provide a credit score -- a PLUS Score -- which is yet another worthless fake score.  It is NOT a FICO®.

Message 15 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I was able to get my free Experian report and also the report and score with my Amex Zync using the "Personal Finance" pack which is also free.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

While we're on the topic of worthless FAKO scores, Credit One provides an EX Plus score every month.

The EX FICO score in my sig line is accurate from 2 weeks ago (lender pull for house loan). A couple of days later, Credit One updated my FAKO Plus score...588.

That's a 123 point difference.

They're worthless...period...end of story. Any resemblence between your FICO and FAKO scores is an amazing coincidence..nothing more.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.