cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that allow authorized users online access?

tag
firek

Cards that allow authorized users online access?

I'm looking for which cards/issuers allow the primary account holder to give online access to authorized users.  This makes it super helpful for bill payment and review of transactions.

Simply sharing the account login and password is non-ideal because of noise created by other non-shared accounts with the same issuer.  For example, I have 2 Chase cards, my wife has 3, and I'm an authorized user for one of hers.  I'd like to log in and see my 2 cards and the 1 shared card in one place instead of bouncing around between two logins.

So far, I know the following:

Allows Online Access:

Citi

Does not allow Online Access:

Chase

I'm curious about Discover, Amex, CapitalOne, Barclays, and any others people have experience with.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Cards that allow authorized users online access?

Amex allows the AU to access their own account. Which the primary holder sets the limit of. Very cool how they do it. The AU can add their own bank account info in order to pay their portion of the bill. I wish all card companies had the same set up. The Primary user can track spending of each AU.

Message 2 of 6
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

+1 on AMEX

I had my own log-in as an AU and when I got my own personal AMEX, I was able to add that to the same online account and have access to all cards. Thought was a great feature, instead of having separate access. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, AMEX is the only provider of AU access.

Discover allows "joint" members access but that's not AU.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firek wrote:

I'm looking for which cards/issuers allow the primary account holder to give online access to authorized users.  This makes it super helpful for bill payment and review of transactions.

Simply sharing the account login and password is non-ideal because of noise created by other non-shared accounts with the same issuer.  For example, I have 2 Chase cards, my wife has 3, and I'm an authorized user for one of hers.  I'd like to log in and see my 2 cards and the 1 shared card in one place instead of bouncing around between two logins.

So far, I know the following:

Allows Online Access:

Citi

Does not allow Online Access:

Chase

I'm curious about Discover, Amex, CapitalOne, Barclays, and any others people have experience with.

+1 for Amex. 

My AU is able to get online and mobile access to the account, showing the balance and what they've spent on the account. They don't see what I spend, but they see the total and the total credit line. I would say it is pretty convenient for both of us. 

Message 5 of 6
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I just made a family member an AU on my Citi Diamond Prefferred. As I was adding her they gave me an option to allow online access. So with this card it is possible. Plus no AF or fee for additional users like AMEX.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.